another new guy

boostfreak07

Established Member
Hi everyone!

I have been surfing this site for over a year and finally registered as I am of the belief that reading & listening is the best way to learn. To say I have learned all I want to know about the 03 cobra for my future ownership experience is an understatement. So far I have enjoyed the cobra vicariously through all of you & your experiences & videos, only thing is.... it has given me a case of the jones real bad for an 03/04 and I'm catching myself thinking about ways to wing a finance deal even though it's not time yet as I want to pay cash:) That and you sickos have me thinking Kenne Bell before I even buy the car lol.

I used to own a 91 & a 92 GT, one was emerald green with the lower titaniun and the other was red. The green GT unfortunately did not have enough time to be modified besides headers and an O/R H-pipe, it saved my life one night and was demolished and the red GT was the replacement which gave me many many fun years until stolen and never recovered. The insurance company did not give a rats ass about the built engine, the chrome & polish throughout the engine compartment, the paint job etc... so I got washed on the payout.

Cars after the stang were simply not the same, the accura was a friggin nightmare to drive, FWD 5 speed with 4 hamsters under the hood for power & melted down beer cans for metal, the dodge ram indy 500 edition was a slug and had shitty seats... and the 528i while plush inside made me miss the stang even more, especially while taking it down the canyons that I used to take in the stang. One thing I really miss but still get to enjoy is the sound, be it at idle (with an aftermarket cam of course), or WOT with flowmasters. mmmmm

So I guess you could say I love stangs, both the early 90's fox & the 99+ body styles, the yellow 03 cobra the other day down in oxnard looked orgasmic. So now my goal is to take on as many extra jobs as possible & do mortgage/ refis on the side so I can pick up a cobra. I'm 30, single with no kids & no house so the only thing holding me back is $$ timing. I'm a part of the dot.com bust so it's only a matter of time till things get back to normal.

Anyways I prob wont be posting in any of the tech forums as I don't really have much to contribute, however I do have some ideas for retrofitting the current 03/04 cobra with ford's super cooler along with another mod idea that should lower intake temps another 12 - 15 degrees :) I've been tinkering with freon based sub zero cooling on computers for a while in addition to solid state stuff, so I can't wait to see what hidden hp can be found from some cooling mods.

I'm long winded, write long posts as you can see but when I post it will either be funny or have some value to it, so no... no post whoring here :)

Users who are viewing this thread