(another) newbie

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
Hi all...I've been a proud owner of an 04 silver L for a little over a month now. During that time, I've been hooked on reading everything in the Gen2 forum. I know it's been said by all of the other newbies, but this website is awesome, and I know I will be taking advantage of all the knowledge once I get over my "stock" phase and into my "i need more power" phase. Any San Diego Ls in here?!

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
welcome aboard. :beer: we got a couple guy's from your area in here. let the modding begin.

-chuck

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Welcome! Be sure to listen to these guys... they've helped me a ton in the short time I've been here.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Welcome and once you put that first mod on you wont be able to stop. So get started you will be glad you did.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Welcome and go to 'Taste of Home' and there is a Cali specific section there for us. Also you can search my groups on, (www.myspace.com/fordfanstan), and find some San Diego guys there. The SoCalLoc.com website is the local website. Greg from RET as the main tuner, and Dante from DMP (and is in SD as well) is the sites local engine builder. Also there is BALA, (Bay Area Lightning Association) club as well for the NorCal guys... Hope that gets you started... Stan

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
thanks Stan for the heads up on the SoCal scene, especially with the tuners. I know once I start with the mods, I'll be wanting to do it the right way with the right tune, so I'll have to check these two guys out. ANy preference of one over the other?

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
welcome! hey dude what part of san diego are you in? i have seen a red L around that i had not seen before, recently. is that you? if not we should meet up and cruise it seems most of the lightnings here in san diego are a bit too mello for me lol, with the exception of... qwkslvrlight "junior" (spelling), svt_tipsy (spelling) "mike", there was also a dude from jersey that hung around the sd area but i havent seen him in a while i think he is in the service and got deployed or something, there is also a kid that raced me at qualcomm but i cant remember who he was. stan is near by (just outside of palm springs), my buddy mike who has a sonic blue but hardy ever brongs it out, and a buddy of his who has a white 2nd gen and a white 1st gen. there was a silver one up by my old house but one day i pulled into the the target parking lot in rancho san diego to see what i thought was the same truck up in flames :( as i have not seen the truck since. there is also another red one that i have seen cruising around the same area but he has never given me the time of day when i wave :(. other than that and dante thats all i know in this area im sure there is more though, they just need to come out of the wood work and say hi!:beer:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Kyle your buddy in the SB does he have a little white sticker on the rear pass sticker of his back window that says either SD or SB or soemthing? Ask him if he was on the 15 heading south bound last saturday a little north of Del Mar while it was sprinkling and he was in front and beside a long white cutom limo for a long time? I was in and tried to rolld the windo down and get his attn but no luck, I was heading to the Del Mar racetrack woot woot lol. Also I saw a red one cruising in the SDSU area when I was there a couple weeks back... Stan

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
if it was wet/raining at all my buddy mike would not have been out in his truck, he keeps it covered and almost never drives it, it has less than 6k on it! but there is another sb in the area i have seen it at motoworld in elcajon but so sign of a driver i have also seen a white flamed one and left a card in the door a while back but got no response

Users who are viewing this thread