Another option now for tires

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha hear that. Michelins def run wide. My brain glosses over if not a drag radial but I'd prob run the wheel width they spec and go off their measured width. Still I'm sure you'll find someone who has ran that on an S197
-J

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for help bimini. Some of the tires (or tyres depending where you where born) that I am looking at like the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S do not come in appropriate size for the front.

Matched tires is an ocd and looks thing but I am looking for traction not drag racing so the matched set is more of thing to me.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I run NT05/NT05Rs on the street. That or the Toyo R888 would be my suggestions.
-J

eagle eye

Established Member
What size NT05/NT05Rs do you currently run J? Are they on stock wheels and if so, how wide can you go on stock wheels?
I'm tentatively planning on replacing my stockers with the Cup2s, in the stock 285/265 next spring.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey buddy, I actually run 20" base 5-star wheels all around with the rears widened to 11". 275/35/20 front and 315/35/20 rears. Billet hubcentric 5/8" spacers all around but didn't need that much, just liked the flush look.
I actually may sell the whole package for a custom 19/18" I'm debating.
I've never ran them but the stock 19" front size is difficult and Nitto makes the 555 gen 2 in 265/40/19 and that could match 305/35/20 555Rs on stock rears nicely.
What you looking for performance wise?
-J

eagle eye

Established Member
Hi J,
I'm looking for tire that will bite on the street. A little wheel spin is a good thing but the stockers are worthless on the street under 60.
I try to do a couple open track events at Watkins Glen every year but my primary concerns are on the street.
I'll check out those Nitto's you suggested. I've got all winter to decide.

Thanks for the tip buddy.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Anytime buddy. With Street and occasional open track, I'd consider the newer R888R as they have stock 285/35/20 as well as 305/35/20s. Fronts are harder but they have 285/35/19 fronts that may work or drop down to a less aggressive model like their T1 in several 19s that might work. I like to match tires when possible and Toyo owns Nitto, I've had great luck with both.
-J

kwarnerjr

Established Member
I just got a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500’s mounted,
265X40X19 front 305X35X20 rear.

I replaced the stock goodyears in the same sizes.

So far the tires hold up pretty good (I have 2.4” pulley, a intake and some suspension goodies). They are a tad lazier than the Goodyear’s in a corners but the straight line performance is on par. In hindsight I wish I would of done 275 in the front.

The price and tread life made the switch worth it for my application, daily driven. I’d recommend them if you don’t want to run an R compound.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Ablaze

Established Member

So far the tires hold up pretty good (I have 2.4” pulley, a intake and some suspension goodies). They are a tad lazier than the Goodyear’s in a corners but the straight line performance is on par. In hindsight I wish I would of done 275 in the front.

The price and tread life made the switch worth it for my application, daily driven. I’d recommend them if you don’t want to run an R compound.

Any pictures of them on your car? I've heard nothing but great things and for someone that is daily driving and not tracking.. they may end up being superior value honestly.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Pics please!

How traction compared to the Eagle F1s?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I'm in for pics too. My F1's on the stock wheels are done after 3 track days (2 Mosport and 1 Daytona Rolex course).

I just might get a set to mount up the PP wheels and use them for lapping.

Tony

edit: I am running a set of them right now on my daily Suzuki SX4, there's more grip there than the car knows what to do with it they stick that good!!!!

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Pics please!

How traction compared to the Eagle F1s?

Any pictures of them on your car? I've heard nothing but great things and for someone that is daily driving and not tracking.. they may end up being superior value honestly.

This the only picture I have from yesterday. I’ll take a few more when I get a chance. They look good in my opinion. The Goodyear 265 up front protected the rim a lot better than these, but other than that I’m happy with them.

Car threw a P0300 code on me last week so I’ve been taking it easy until I’m sure that issue was resolved....I have taken some spirited turns with them though. Too me they don’t feel as agile as the Goodyear’s did on a fast turn, but they do hold. I have not opened her up full throttle in a straight yet but on the few small pulls I’ve done the traction is right on par with the Goodyear’s.

3b80c166b1629300739a3e4ff317a8cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Clemson

Established Member
Traction on par with the goodyears? Thats unfortunate to hear, because the goodyears are terrible.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Maybe he meant to say "traction on par with heated up G/years without these Indy 500 tires needing to get majorly heated up".

On the track the G/years are awesome but they need some heat in them to stick. These Indy 500 tires don't need to be heated as much to stick.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I run the Indy 500 on the Hellcat Charger and I like them much more than the stock GY tire on the Shelby. When the road and tires were HOT, they worked fine. When cool, those GYs are dangerous.
These GT500 really need R compound tires for my personal use, but I know not everyone can do that.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread