Another race in the '93.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Being Sunday fun day, I was out with the club cruising around. There was probably 25 of us or so. I had Perry, the main negotiator come up to me saying somebody might want to race me. I found out his mods and took him up on it. There's not too much of a story to this one.

New-edge GT (not sure what year):
- Built lower end by BB&T: 9.0:1 compression
- Stock heads
- Stock cams
- 2.1 Kenne Bell @ 12 PSI
- Stock auto transmission
- Dyno'd 450 at the tire

My mods are in my sig.

At first he wasn't so sure about racing but I saw he was on Mickey's and told him we can do a dig if I get my roll in. So, the dig came first.

He got a slight jump on me, but I reeled him in and got the kill.

After that, I got my first roll race. He let out because he apparently started spinning.

We went from another dig, and he got a big jump on me this time - probably 2 car lengths. I was spinning my ass off through 1st and 2nd. I reeled him back in an got the kill.

After this I wanted another roll. I pulled hard on him off the 3rd honk and put what looked to be about 8 car lengths on him by 110 then I let out. Something was up, I was guessing. We pulled back around to the group and he told me his temp gauge for the KB was reading 240 degrees. Holy shit! He said on the last roll he was only hitting about 6 PSI.

I'm not sure what to say about it. Every race he either let out way early because he was spinning (even from a 40 punch on Mickey's, which I kinda feel hard to believe), or he wasn't hitting enough boost.

He ain't too comfortable racing on the street and wants to take it to the track, so we'll see. He's supposed to be there Thursday - I think I'll ride down there and see if he still wants to run 'em. :burnout:

CW1343

Established Member
Sounds like fun! I'm a sucker for Reef Blue Foxes, you wouldn't happen to have a thread with any pictures would you?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Sounds like fun! I'm a sucker for Reef Blue Foxes, you wouldn't happen to have a thread with any pictures would you?

Thanks bud. No, no picture thread, but I do have a few on my phone. Here ya go:

uqurada8.jpg

uvy6epez.jpg

na7evusa.jpg

3agebyva.jpg

The interior has been changed up though.

CW1343

Established Member
Looks awesome man! I hope my Reef Blue looks half as good when I'm done with it! :beer:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Looks awesome man! I hope my Reef Blue looks half as good when I'm done with it! :beer:

Thank you! I'm sure it will. Do you have a build thread?

Nice kill. Always excuses to why ya lose haha

Nice kill. Sounds like excuses to me too.

Thanks. I can see how he got heat soaked, but I can't see it dropping down to 6 PSI. Well, at first he said he was only making 6 PSI, then he said he was only making about 4 - so who knows? We'll settle it on the 1320. :burnout:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
BTW - I got the video that my passenger took. I'm uploading it to YouTube now. I will post it here when it's done uploading.

clean92lx

Established Member
Nice car and good kill.

I'll always have a weakness for clean fox bodies. I cant wait until the day I have another one!

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Nice car and good kill.

I'll always have a weakness for clean fox bodies. I cant wait until the day I have another one!

Thanks! I always had a soft spot for them - I just never thought a fox is what I'd end up in when the Mach 1 was totaled!

Users who are viewing this thread