Another reason why Hillary is a moron and the Democrats are lost

AzDropTop

Established Member
WASHINGTON - With many blaming the growing scope of Katrina's devastation on the Bush administration, Sen. Hillary Clinton called yesterday for a 9/11-style probe into how the federal government responded to the crisis.
"It has become increasingly evident that our nation was not prepared," Clinton (D-N.Y.) said in a letter to Bush asking him to set up a "Katrina Commission."

"The slow pace of relief efforts in the face of a mounting death toll ... seems to confirm that our ability to respond to cataclysmic disasters has not been adequately addressed," she said.

Her call echoed statements of Republicans such as Arizona's Sen. John Kyl, chairman of the Technology and Homeland Security Subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who plans a hearing and has said the catastrophe in New Orleans could have a lot in common with a terror attack.

A White House spokeswoman deferred comment to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who appeared on numerous Sunday morning broadcasts insisting there would be time to lay blame later.

Clinton has decided at least one thing without waiting for any commission reports. She said she plans to introduce legislation to split the Federal Emergency Management Agency out of the Department of Homeland Security and give it back a cabinet-level director like it had in her husband's administration.

Michael McAuliff

sounds like a great idea. Waste more of the tax payers money...

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
i voted against bush, have practically hated everything his administration has done and fear what he's doing to this country will never be able to be reversed. and even I don't like ANYONE (hillary or anyone else) politicizing this event. f*ck anyone who can't look past their political affiliations and form their own opinions!!!

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
First off, I find it funny that your quoted source also includes the support of Republicans, especially Senator John Kyl from Arizona. In your eyes Hillary is to be ridiculed here, but not the Republicans from the opposing party who support her? Gee, you're not contradicting yourself there, huh?

And how did Michael Chertoff get his job? Oh yeah, he was the friend of Bush's campaign manager during his first run for presidency.

If you really want to bring party affiliation into this disaster, look no further than the White House. Bush put a totally incompetent and unqualified person in office as the head of Homeland Security and then when the disaster took place, was slow to react.

Yes, I think Hillary is asking too much by establishing a committee to look into the disaster. However, she has the support of YOUR party, so I wouldn't direct all of your negativity towards her.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Yes waste taxpayer money to show whats obvious to everyone.
Ball dropped by all levels of government.

I think she also calling for this type of investigation to the oil prices and oil companies

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
i think shes right on...this should have not been as bad in the forst place.
People are reaping what they sowed in electing Bush again hes nothing like his dad.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
It's not Bush's fault what happened to NewOr. I wish people would just stop parroting the liberals media. NO brings in millions each year they have Mardis Gras or a gay parade, they should have donated one year of its extra profit to fixiing its levee system.
godsend.jpg

:eek:
Unmasked-X.gif

Last edited:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
NeedaCobra said:
It's not Bush's fault what happened to NewOr. I wish people would just stop parroting the liberals media. NO brings in millions each year they have Mardis Gras or a gay parade, they should have donated one year of its extra profit to fixiing its levee system.
its not his fault, but they could have been a lot more prepared and had a better reaction time. :rollseyes :rolleyes:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
its not his fault, but they could have been a lot more prepared and had a better reaction time. :rollseyes :rolleyes:

That's right, let's all just let the government handle everything. Our income, our housing, and our healthcare. I bet you voted for Kerry :burn:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
NeedaCobra said:
That's right, let's all just let the government handle everything. Our income, our housing, and our healthcare. I bet you voted for Kerry :burn:
I did and im proud of it after seeing how Bush has done. You are crazy, i just was saying that Bush did shit before and after the hurricane, the relife took way to long to get there, and even then it was in small trickles. IIRC, he also CUT funding to build better levees and protect much needed wetlands.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
NeedaCobra said:
A vote for Kerry was a vote for Satan!

Ahem.....

FREAK!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
You know if kerry was in charge, and this still happened (which it may very well have) would the idiots in this thread bitching about hillary NOT be marching in washington looking for an impeachment?

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Hillary, Bill, Kerry and all the other liberals are using the disguise of helping people to get the only thing they want. POWER!!! You are suckers if you believe they want to help you. If they are so wanting to help the poor, why did Bush give multiple times more money to charity than Kerry did. Seems pretty obvious to those of us that aren't demending on the govt for our little handouts.

Lance

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Ever notice how when people are faced with an approaching Hurricane they brag about how they are tough and won't leave. They'll stay and deal with the Hurricane no matter what. Then the next day they have there hands out begging for help. I guess it proves Darwin right on one level.

Lance

LogiWorld123

Established Member
RED2003COBRA said:
George, Dick , Donald and all the other politicians are using the disguise of helping people to get the only thing they want. POWER!!! You are suckers if you believe they want to help you. If they are so wanting to help the poor, why did The Smiths give multiple times more money to charity than The Joneses did. Seems pretty obvious to those of us that aren't demending on the govt for our little handouts.

Lance

Fixed that for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread