Another shifter rattling thread

victorc

Established Member
Hi

I just hit 1000 miles today on a new 2014 with performance and track packs.

Around 300 miles I started getting this rattling in 4th gear between 2500 and 3000rpm.
It happens to a lesser extent in 2nd gear also, same thing, 2500 to 3000 rpm.
If I rest my hand or put pressure on the shifter the sound changes or goes away.

The dealer checked all the bolts and all snug. They tried to tell me it was normal but we later agreed it wasn't. They said someone else reported this problem in California but they never heard back after suggesting more breakin to that person. So we agreed I'd break it in another 1000 miles or so and then see what it's doing around 2000 miles.

I'm working with Brandon Ford in Tampa

Any thoughts?

Thanks

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I installed a mgw shifter today.

I thought the stock shifter was fairly good. I didn't think it could get much better. This MGW shifter is truly amazing. Extreme quality. Not a hint of noise. Maybe even quieter than the stock shifter. Shifts are extremely crisp and clean. I went 5 turns out. The gears literally click and shifts are truly butter smooth. NO missing second and power shifting is just too easy now.

Best 350.00 you'll spend on this. It came with every nut bolt washer, loctite , rtv and installed in about 1.5 hours with a car lift.

I left the street rubber grommet in the isolator. Less noise than stock and zero vibration.

Very Highly recommended.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I installed a mgw shifter today.

I thought the stock shifter was fairly good. I didn't think it could get much better. This MGW shifter is truly amazing. Extreme quality. Not a hint of noise. Maybe even quieter than the stock shifter. Shifts are extremely crisp and clean. I went 5 turns out. The gears literally click and shifts are truly butter smooth. NO missing second and power shifting is just too easy now.

Best 350.00 you'll spend on this. It came with every nut bolt washer, loctite , rtv and installed in about 1.5 hours with a car lift.

I left the street rubber grommet in the isolator. Less noise than stock and zero vibration.

Very Highly recommended.

I'm considering this exact upgrade, in an effort eliminate the dreaded 1st-2nd grind/lockout issue, so this is good to hear. Thank you!

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I was content as well. But for 350.00. Wow. I didn't expect so much for so little. Plus being a Cnc machinist I can appreciate all the work that went into this part. It's truly a work of billet art. The attention to detail with sound deadening material and supplying every piece needed. Id gladly pay double and it would still be worth it.

It's well worth it. And install was far easier than the video seemed. The vid was for older models and more complicated. I bet I could do it a second time in 1 hour tops.

Of you do get it. You will be very happy.

Best aspect was the adjustable positioning. I took the time and set it up where my hand was most comfortable.

No wonder these are stock on every super snake.

Users who are viewing this thread