Another SRA Swap Question

10-43 This 03

Established Member
** I tired searching and found mixed results, so I would like a direct answer**

I have a guy who wants to trade an SRA out of his 04 GT. My questions is will I need anything EXTRA with the swap if me and him swap his SRA for my IRS. It just be a complete swap right?.... his axles,springs,shocks,exhaust,ABS sensor,brakes....am I leaving anything out. It should just be a swap for swap right? I know I need a diffrent flange for the drivehshaft, right? Does anybody know what part number that is? Thanks for everything and add your in put as to what else might need.

Digital

Established Member
** I tired searching and found mixed results, so I would like a direct answer**

I have a guy who wants to trade an SRA out of his 04 GT. My questions is will I need anything EXTRA with the swap if me and him swap his SRA for my IRS. It just be a complete swap right?.... his axles,springs,shocks,exhaust,ABS sensor,brakes....am I leaving anything out. It should just be a swap for swap right? I know I need a diffrent flange for the drivehshaft, right? Does anybody know what part number that is? Thanks for everything and add your in put as to what else might need.

It's pretty much a direct swap. If neither of you screw up your bolts they can all be exchanged, you'll need everything you listed from him.
It will be a direct swap, the cars are the exact same undercarriage wise.
You can both keep your driveshafts, just change the adapter at the pumpkin (2am the name escapes me) unscrew the nut, pop it off, tq the other 1 on.

Besides that it's just clips and bolts that you gotta undo and cross over, make sure you take your time because it sucks if you screw 1 thing up and cannot complete.

Last edited:

10-43 This 03

Established Member
No, I don't think so. Its a guy on here and from what I understand its factory. I don't think its gonna work out though cause he hasn't got back in touch with me about the trade so we will see. I have some 31 spline axles already so all I would need really is a trac-lock and some other minor stuff and I'm ready to put the power to the ground...well maybe.

Digital

Established Member
No, I don't think so. Its a guy on here and from what I understand its factory. I don't think its gonna work out though cause he hasn't got back in touch with me about the trade so we will see. I have some 31 spline axles already so all I would need really is a trac-lock and some other minor stuff and I'm ready to put the power to the ground...well maybe.

You'll snap the shit out of a stock solid with even 500hp. Be careful driving it on the street if you dead hook with ur current tires.
I'd upgrade it right away before it went in the car.

Black Sex

Established Member
My 31 spline FRPP held up fine but dont use 28 spline axles. If you swap pinion flanges then I think you need to reset the backlash in the rearend. Dont do an even trade for a stock SRA with stock UCA/LCA. The IRS is worth more than that. If it is a built SRA with good UCA/LCA then I would say go for it.

10-43 This 03

Established Member
My 31 spline FRPP held up fine but dont use 28 spline axles. If you swap pinion flanges then I think you need to reset the backlash in the rearend. Dont do an even trade for a stock SRA with stock UCA/LCA. The IRS is worth more than that. If it is a built SRA with good UCA/LCA then I would say go for it.

Noted.

Users who are viewing this thread