Another tint question

Na7e

Established Member
I think PointCover could answer this best. Since I am stationed in MD.

If your car is registered in another state, since I am military, which tint law do you have to abide by? The state you are in or can you use the state's tint law the car is registered to? I have heard different answers to this.

thanks

Nate

poorboy

Established Member
I can answer this cause I had the same prob when I was in the military stationed in MD. As long as your car is registered in another state and meets the tint requirements for that state there is nothing MD troopers can do to you other than pull you over to check on it. When they do just be curtious and inform them that because of your military status and not being a resident of MD that the MD tint law does not apply to your vehicle. It is the same as the vehicle inspections, yours does not require it because it is registered in another state.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Most states (can't speak for MD) adhere to the reasoning that if you are driving on their roads you are subject to their laws. Ass always though, officer discretion plays a major role, and in your situation I would think the officer would not generally hassle you.

Users who are viewing this thread