Antenna delete?

PoisonSnake

Banned
Is it possible to remove that black stub in the front for the antenna and just have a clean smooth surface instead? I'd rather have a stubby antenna in the back by the trunk or the middle of the rear window (the type police officers have the squiggly-type antenna on the back window).

optx002

Established Member
i believe thats called shaving the antenna. it would require bodywork since there is a hole for the antenna. you'd have to remove taht black piece, then weld in a piece of sheet metal, grind it down, paint it, then run the wiring for the antenna to the back and hook it up to another antenna. too much work if you ask me

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
the 2000 Cobra R had an antenna delete plate. I've heard there is an explorer plate that can be slightly modded to fit.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've got the 2000 R delete plate on my car.. I love the look. Granted its a black piece of stick on plastic but it blends in fine with the DSG and matches the black plastic cowl in front of the windshield.

I posted pics a LONG time ago here, I don't want to search right now :(

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Got mine from the site above and painted it to match. First I hit it with a heat gun to mold to the body better.

Here is what it looks like out of the box.

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/images/rantplate.jpg

Here is what it looks like power sanded and painted, installed.

05-10famshots085.gif

05-10famshots088.gif

I now have a power antenna for $20 stuck on the windshield above the rearview mirror, in the black masking part.

mustangparts

Because I said so...
Established Member
optx002 said:
http://www.performancepartsinc.com/int_ext.htm

scroll down and look for 2000 cobra r fender delete plate. only 9.99. not sure how that will look. but good luck

Thanks for the referral. We appreciate it. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that the '00 "R" antenna delete plates are still on sale for $9.99/each for a very limited time.

One thing that people have questioned, based on this posting, is that they will indeed fit all '94-'04 Mustang with no other modifications.

rantplate.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread