Anti Roll bar, or Anti Sway Bar?

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Which one is better for mostly qtr mile duty? I have an auto built rear with upper and lower control arms, strange adujustable shocks, eibach drag springs and air bag, and 28x13.5x15 QTP's

Last edited:

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
They are interchangeable and are commonly referred to as a sway bar, anti-sway bar, roll bar or anti-roll bar. The idea is just to tie both sides of the suspension together. If there is a specific product you're trying to decide on, post it up and I can give an opinion.

For quarter mile duty you want the sturdiest setup available. You want the suspension to stay tied together in the back and get the most weight distributed evenly between the two tires. You should already have a sway bar in the rear.

Carlo

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
I was told you can only use one or the other. The pro for the sway bar is you do not have to disconnect for street use. I want whatever is going to get me to hook the best.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
anti-roll bar for sure. Just disconnect it for street use. Or you can run the sway bar and an air bag. But for the best I would stay with the anti-roll.

Let use know how it works out for you>

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Is your car still up at Rhodes? If so, have Spence set you up with an anti-roll bar, set your pinion angle and pre-load. He's one of the best around, has some stock suspension DR cars pulling 1.2x short times...:rockon:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
No, I picked it up about 3 weeks ago. My car was there for a very long time so I was ready to just pick it up. Hows your car running? BTW anyone suggest a particular brand.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
No, I picked it up about 3 weeks ago. My car was there for a very long time so I was ready to just pick it up. Hows your car running? BTW anyone suggest a particular brand.

They are all about the same. I would just get whatever brand the shop that does the install recommends. I know Spence makes his own control arms, not sure if he makes his own anti-roll bar as well. I would think he could setup your suspension one day while you wait if you make an appointment ahead of time. Were you happy with the roll bar install?

My cars not running at the moment, just got my tranny back the other day.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
They are all about the same. I would just get whatever brand the shop that does the install recommends. I know Spence makes his own control arms, not sure if he makes his own anti-roll bar as well. I would think he could setup your suspension one day while you wait if you make an appointment ahead of time. Were you happy with the roll bar install?

My cars not running at the moment, just got my tranny back the other day.

I was actually very happy with the cage. They did some very nice work. Only complaint I had was that it took a month longer than expected and my car sat outside(never sees rain, and had the whole front end repainted), and now it needs a full detail(regular wash did not get any of it out). The car feels solid, and I cannot wait to run it. I just sent my valve body out yesterday. The trans was in my car, but we were having some issues.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Let me know when you figure that out! With the auto it will hit the tires less hard but I am sure I can learn a thing or two about the setup!

Later

I have cut a best of 1.56 and than missed 3rd. The auto should def help, but I think I am going to ditch the bags, and get something much more track oriented

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I have cut a best of 1.56

Same here 1.56. But thats on junk control arms, stock springs, and stock shocks out back. Strange adjustables and 14" 175s up front. Not really all that impressed even with the current setup to be honest with you. Maybe an airbag would help keep the car straight and hook better I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread