Antigravity Battery

McFarlandd

Founder Of Southern Ohio Streets Cars
Established Member
I've decided to break down and buy one of these, just not sure which size I really need, could someone enlighten me? Car will be a drag car, maybe street driven 2 to 3 times a week. Not sure if I need a YTX 12-16 or if the YTX 12-12 is big enough.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
I just bought an Antigravity and went with the 24 cell. Based on my research, I wouldn't go smaller than the 16 and would recommend the 20.

Also, do yourself a favor and get a battery mount from Morris Engineering (scroll down past the rotors).

https://www.morrisengineering.com/mustang/

DaBigBone

Established Member
I've got the 24 and the mount from Morris. Haven't driven the car hardly any though since putting it in so can't really provide much of a review

Quad4_72

Established Member
I had a bad experience with mine. Unfortunately I cannot recall the exact model, but it was an expensive Anti Gravity battery. With it installed it wouldn't start the car and even with a jump the thing started becoming warped once a charge was applied.

barstowpo

Established Member
I was talking to a friend the other day and he has an engineer buddy that is using capacitors. I had never heard of this. He claims they are light and instantly take a charge. I have no idea how practical they would be.

noldevin

Established Member
I've seen capacitors work before. The problem is they don't hold a charge for quite as long as a battery, so they aren't ideal for a daily or street car.
But their ability to dump a large amount of current (for a start) or accept a large current dump (fast charging) is unbeatable.

Users who are viewing this thread