Any '03 owners in Harrisburg, PA area?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I'm coming to Carlisle, PA on May 8,9,10 for a sports physicians seminar and was planning on driving the cobra. I was wondering if any '03 owners in the area would be interested in getting together somewhere on one of those nights. I'm not real familiar with the area and I think I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in Carlisle. If anybody's interested post or PM me, I'd like to meet some other '03's, I haven't really seen too many in my area and these seminars are very conducive to smoking tires after sitting in classes for 10 hours a day.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Running great Dan. Although the last few weeks it's cranking a LONG time before it fires ala others from this board. Anyway, I definitely want to make it to Keystone this summer so let me know if you'll be there. Till then I'll keep my eyes open for a blue flash when I'm in south hills. You may see an opposing silver streak flash by you too. How's everything on your end?

StangD281

Established Member
Things are well Mike. Mine did the cranking gig for a few days, then back to normal, then did it last night, and normal this morning. :shrug:

I went to Keystone for some base runs. Track seemed fast; 2 runs in the 12's and 1 in the 13's, stock to the paper filter. On the 13-run it hopped, so I got out of it early & basically blew the run; didn't care as I had my 12-sec stock time. :burnout:

My next trip out will be in either late May or early June. Car is in the process of getting "tweaked," so new times are due soon.

I just finished moving into Mt. Lebo, so I'm now buzzing around that neck of the woods. Still have yet to see another '03 in the vicinity, aside from the DSG coupe at W&W Ford. :(

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Man great stock runs! Who is doing your "tweaking"? I am looking to tweak my beast soon and may go to a guy on route 8 called ASAP Mustangs, unless I find someone else. I just moved to Murrysville and same situation here. Maybe there are too many yuppies down here, I see Z06's everywhere but no Cobras. It's like I'm trying to fend them all off by my self, hehe. My guy isn't at Woltz and Wind any more so I'm also trying to decide where to go to get service should I need it.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by BoneCrusher
Man great stock runs! Who is doing your "tweaking"? I am looking to tweak my beast soon and may go to a guy on route 8 called ASAP Mustangs, unless I find someone else. I just moved to Murrysville and same situation here. Maybe there are too many yuppies down here, I see Z06's everywhere but no Cobras. It's like I'm trying to fend them all off by my self, hehe. My guy isn't at Woltz and Wind any more so I'm also trying to decide where to go to get service should I need it.
Stay away from ASAP Mustangs. My friends have had horrible experiences with him, and he is not one to stand behind the products he sells or the work his shop does. I have stayed away for those reasons alone.

I went in Woltz & Wind last night to see the guy that was supposed to sell me the car. He was none too thrilled that his used car manager let me get away due to trade-in disagreement; guess they figured I wasn't serious. :shrug:

Since you are out there, go to Kenny Ross Ford in Irwin. That's where I bought my car, and they have a great SVT tech. Unsure yet if they are "mod friendly" as I didn't want to give out any secrets. ;-)

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Wow thanks for the heads up on ASAP, I've been to Kenny Ross they are pretty good, I think that is where I will be going for the duration thanks for the info. A friend of mine said they are very mod friendly and if you know the right person they will do some of the modding for you. My buddy is a good friend of their SVT guy and he was the one who told me that. They had like 8 '03's sitting in their lot last time I was there.

Thanks again for the ASAP warning, I was seriously considering that guy--Not any More!

Users who are viewing this thread