Any 10 secone whipple owners out there???

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
I know this subject has been beaten to death and beyond, but here we go again. I am planning to upgrade my supercharger this summer and I’m leaning towards the Whipple for the simple reason that I am one of the very few that DOESN’T want the loud KB whine. What I want to know is if anyone here is running a 10 second Whipple, and what are your supporting mods. Can you use the boos-a-pump and boost-a-spark with the Whipple? All of the 10 second cobras I have heard of are running KB. What does everyone think? I AM NOT trying open the debate of which one is better, they both make good products. I just want to know if I can make a 10 second cobra with a Whipple as easily ($$$) as I could with a KB (with proper support mods of course)
Thanks for your input!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
There are tons of guys running 10's with a Whipple. For fuel mods, BAP and 60lb injectors will be plenty. Plan to run race gas if you are going to run more than 17-18lbs of boost.

CKENNEYJR

Established Member
Mine spun bad had a 1.94 60' and ran a 11.3 @ 127 with a whipple on 18psi of boost, with good tires i have had a 1.59 60' but did not make a full pass but im sure its going in the 10's..

TEABG

Banned
MyLil'Pony said:
I know this subject has been beaten to death and beyond, but here we go again. I am planning to upgrade my supercharger this summer and I’m leaning towards the Whipple for the simple reason that I am one of the very few that DOESN’T want the loud KB whine. What I want to know is if anyone here is running a 10 second Whipple, and what are your supporting mods. Can you use the boos-a-pump and boost-a-spark with the Whipple? All of the 10 second cobras I have heard of are running KB. What does everyone think? I AM NOT trying open the debate of which one is better, they both make good products. I just want to know if I can make a 10 second cobra with a Whipple as easily ($$$) as I could with a KB (with proper support mods of course)
Thanks for your input!

More than a few would purchase the Whipple over the KB ?? Here is the latest poll...

View Poll Results: Which way to go for the Supercharger Upgrade?
This poll will close on 03-03-2006 at 07:15 PM
KB Blowzilla 2.2L 11 14.47%
KB Blowzilla 2.4L 16 21.05%
Whipple W140AX 40 52.63%
Ported Eaton 8 10.53%
Other/Combo (post below) 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You have already voted on this poll

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
CKENNEYJR said:
Mine spun bad had a 1.94 60' and ran a 11.3 @ 127 with a whipple on 18psi of boost, with good tires i have had a 1.59 60' but did not make a full pass but im sure its going in the 10's..
What kind of tires were you running?
1.59 60' is like an a new STi launching at 6000rpms off the line!
:)

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
More than a few would purchase the Whipple over the KB ?? Here is the latest poll...

Wow, I didn't realize the recent polls favored Whipple by THAT much. Inertisting :smmon: Like I said, I like the whipple, and it's what I am planning on getting, but the only 10 second cobras I have ever seen (including 2 in person) were KB, that would be the only reason for going in that direction.

TEABG

Banned
The new design Whipple is the way, I have noticed quite a few people with selling or attempting to sell their KB for the new designed Whipple.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
look at my sig! Shitty 60ft, but if i get it down to a 1.7 i assure you that a high 10.

skitzo

Established Member
john at dynospeed just ran a 10.2 on his whipple last week. he's goin through a c-4 though.

eebj01

Established Member
I went 10.44 at 22 pounds. Car has ported heads and reground cams though. Solid axle w/ PA AODE w/ brake and DOT tires. 9's will happen this season.

Users who are viewing this thread