Any 13-14 GT500 owners in WI willing to give me a ride?

jakk127

Established Member
Hey. I currently own a 2010 stock LS3 C6. My plan was to either put a SC or TT kit on it this year and shoot for 650-700whp. However, once I add up the cost of the parts required for either of those installs (both come out to around the same price actually and I'm leaning towards a TT build) as well as what I spent on the base car itself, I will already be at or over $50k which is used 13-14 GT500 territory. I have always been interested in and wanted a GT500, especially a 13-14. I used to think I could never afford one, but like I said once I add up what I'll actually be spending on the C6 and the price of the car itself it comes out to around the same price lol. On the one hand, I think a TT/SC vette, especially given the lighter weight of the car, would be a lot of fun. On the other hand, like I said I've always wanted a GT500, and the 5.8 in the GT500 is already "built" to a certain degree, and I feel with a good tune it may be more reliable and less prone to failure in the 650-700whp range vs a stock LS3.

I've never ridden in a car with over 500whp or so, and I think that riding in a 13-14 GT500 and being able to feel the power delivery might at least help me to see what the car is like and help me make a decision.

Would anyone on here in WI with a 13-14 GT500 be willing to give me a ride? I'm located around Waukesha and would have no problem compensating with some gas money or beer for the ride (beer to be enjoyed AFTER the ride, ideally lol). Obviously the weather is not quite good enough to bring the nice cars out; this would be more in like April/May once it gets nice out.

I also gladly welcome any opinions on going with the C6 build vs a GT500.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread