Any 80's/90's two stroke fans in here?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Fresh pic. Had to uncover her and put the 2023 ORV stickers on. Swapped out the rear Hoosier for one of them new Dunlop MX14 sand/mud tire. Should make navigating the Michigan trails a little easier.

U.M.

20230415_140822.jpg
20230415_115245.jpg
MX14.jpg

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
You vintage guys should bring your bikes out and do this.

I did it 2 weeks ago and broke my wrist.

Rct851

Established Member
Almost complete. Should get the first ride since the rebuild next weekend. Hopefully there’s a photographer and the track next weekend so I can share some vet rider photos with questionable form.

Bike was completely framed and cleaned. All bearings replaced etc

2020 yz250 that needed love after about 70 hours

Pro circuit race motor to run on straight c12 only and all the usual bolt ons.

Attachments

• 86221D84-6C4A-41BA-964C-89421B5F5712.jpeg
    86221D84-6C4A-41BA-964C-89421B5F5712.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 55

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Figured id ask here since other places had no remedy:

I'm having issues setting my idle correctly on my banshee. The idle drops too low once it warms up. It doesnt respond well to turning in the idle scews.

I put the dynatek ecu I had lying around to see if it's an ecu issue. I also cleaned the carbs, made sure pilots and mains were clean as well. I put new spark plugs too.
I screwed in the air screw a half turn at a time and no change. I also am able to screw in the idle screws in and it barely makes a difference. I can screw in the shifter side idle screw all the way and the bike barely idles higher to around 1250ish. Very strange. I don't think this is the ecu. The bike does have a slight bog off idle. Other than that, she runs nice and crispy. The issue has to be me and i'm over looking something simple.

Edit 8/6/23* went down one size on the pilot jets. Idle seems far better. I'll have to go to ride wot and let it eat to make sure. Thanks for the suggestions already made.

Last edited:

jessie_sanders

Established Member
It's been a while since I've fooled with two strokes but if you've run out of adjustment on the mixture screws I think you need to go up one size on the pilots. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
2 stroke carb running can be a bitch.

I would double check all passages. What brand carb is this. Mikuni? Kiehn? The best guys I know for jet advice is JD Jetting. They'll help you know what needs to be done.

I've got a Mikuni TMX38 on my bike. It had some issues. JD Jetting suggested a couple of things and now it's better than new.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It's been a while since I've fooled with two strokes but if you've run of adjustment on the mixture screws I think you need to go up one size on the pilots. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This

You should be able to see a noticable change in idle quality + or - from 1.5 turns out on the air screw. If nothing changes, your idle jets are not right.

Yours looks rich, but im no banshee expert.

Rct851

Established Member
Ive got my eyes on the 2023 300XC or maybe an SX. They are so bad ass. Might have to add one to my garage.
I haven’t had a chance to ride a sx300 but everyone I’ve talked to with one raves about it. If I could spend your money for you I’d say do it lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I haven’t had a chance to ride a sx300 but everyone I’ve talked to with one raves about it. If I could spend your money for you I’d say do it lol

For real man... im probably gonna do it. They are the pinnacle of 2 stroke tech with fuel injection, switchable maps, etc.

So cool

Users who are viewing this thread