Any airborne out there?

AlanSVT

Established Member
Been in the army 9 years. Been on Bragg 9 years and on Jump status for 9 years. FUN TIMES... Well not really but you know what I mean. Also, I am sorry that your in the 82nd.

ncpower08

Established Member
I was in the 82nd for 5 years then came down on da orders to Alaska. Still Airborne. Love to jump just one of those things that gets me going. I'm in Afghanistan with 4/25 right now. Trust me you hate Bragg while you are there but can't wait to get back once you leave. I want nothing more that to go back to NC. Let me tell you AK sucks. They jump higher than Bragg tho. That is pretty much the only nice thing I can think of. Think about it why is Bragg gay? It is because you can't change 50 years of tradition. Why is everything else gay? Because no one knows what the hell is going on. At least at Bragg you can expect what is going to happen next because you have been doing it the entire time you are there. When I sit in AK and no one has any clue what the **** to do next. It sucks. Talk all the shit you want about Bragg but I can promise once you leave you will want to go back. I know there will be those that disagree with me but that is just what I have experienced.

Last edited:

ncpower08

Established Member
Almost forgot go check out Fastlane Motorsports in Benson. They do the best work in the grate state of NC. I got all my work done there and have had no problems.

Oceanside78

Established Member
Been in the army 9 years. Been on Bragg 9 years and on Jump status for 9 years. FUN TIMES... Well not really but you know what I mean. Also, I am sorry that your in the 82nd.

Eh, I'm not. I wouldn't want to be SF/CA/ or psyop

Not that I love the 82nd, just not big on anything else here. We do a lot of dumb stuff, but so does everyone else. I'm not staying in much longer anyway

Just primarily wanted to see if there was a mustang scene here. I've scene some here and there but never together

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Five jump chump here!!! I went to Airborne school in 92 and was stationed at Bragg for about 18 months and never got the opportunity to jump there and since. Now, I am so broke, I can barely do a PLF.

E.Marquez

Established Member
Just curious to see if anyone out there is here at Bragg or fellow paratroopers at all?

I'm 82nd 2BCT 2/325. How about you guys?

Lol.. I was 2/325 likely before you were in HS :lol::lol::lol:
Great times... Other then waiting hours on DeGlopper field...even as the primary JM.... It still sucked. Much better in the 501st jump club:-D

E.Marquez

Established Member
I was in the 82nd for 5 years then came down on da orders to Alaska. Still Airborne. Love to jump just one of those things that gets me going. I'm in Afghanistan with 4/25 right now. Trust me you hate Bragg while you are there but can't wait to get back once you leave. I want nothing more that to go back to NC. Let me tell you AK sucks. They jump higher than Bragg tho. That is pretty much the only nice thing I can think of. Think about it why is Bragg gay? It is because you can't change 50 years of tradition. Why is everything else gay? Because no one knows what the hell is going on. At least at Bragg you can expect what is going to happen next because you have been doing it the entire time you are there. When I sit in AK and no one has any clue what the **** to do next. It sucks. Talk all the shit you want about Bragg but I can promise once you leave you will want to go back. I know there will be those that disagree with me but that is just what I have experienced.
To each his own,, left Bragg, never missed it, never wanted to go back... Much better units out there..better at changing to adapt, better at everything except BN mass Tac.. But since that has not been a useful or valid entry tech in many years.it just proves the point. :beer::beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Still jumping since 1983, well the last 18 months have been in an area where there are no aircraft available. So the last 12 were under jump rule 4 I think. I just PCS'd here so I won't jump until I get back to MacDill. Losing jump pay stinks though the slot is still a SO one, Iget all the other special pays.

Oceanside78

Established Member
Dco . 1993

Funny.. I just left AFG yesterday.... One of my 2/325 fellow sqd ldrs is coming in as my replacement.... Small world.. Met the dude 16 years ago as SSG,s.. And now swapping places in AFG.

Right on. I started in Cco as a 240 gunner and then to HHC scout platoon as a sniper. Now a TL in Bco. White Falcon for life LOL

texaswrx

Established Member
Just a five jump chump. I was there after basic and AIT, 1988,from Ft. Bliss. I was then stationed in Germany my whole time in service. Air Defense, part of Allied Mobile Force Europe until I got out around 1992. Never had a chance to jump again in service. One civilian jump here in Texas. I was able to attend the Air Assault School in Germany, which was cool to have done. So I guess I'm a Dope on a Rope as well. I only talk to a few of the guys I served with now. Life goes on, and I can't believe how long ago that was.

Take care.

TrevorR90

Banned
I left Vicenza, Italy last July. I was with the 173rd 1-503. I'm a 5 jump chump. I would have had about 12 jumps but no joke all 7 of them were canceled in the air. That was enough to keep my jump pay active the whole time I was there. 1 year in vicenza and 1 year in afghanistan. I'm now in Ft Detrick, MD where people hide out lol. There are only a handful with jump wings here.

Users who are viewing this thread