Any Army MP's in here?

03cobraracer

Established Member
hey guys ive been training and trying to get ready to join the military for the past few months. ive been dead set on the Air Force but just incase it doesnt work out im also looking at the Army for a MP job. i love law enforcement and its what i do now in the civilian world. i was just wondering if you are a MP how do you like it? are there any ups and downs to the job? are there any enlistment bonuses? just wanna learn more about it because i dont know anyone personally in it. i just want to explore my options before i make any final decisions. thanks!

(and please no comments saying MP's suck or anything else from people who dont have that MOS, i want good info not personal opinions of what others think of them)

AlanSVT

Established Member
not a MP. But I am active duty army.

If I was to do it all over again. I think I would suck up the MP job. Which I hear mixed reviews about. Some say its good some say its not. After I did a few years as a MP I would have dropped a CID packet.

Now I know on FT.Bragg NC Since the MPs deploy often they had to hire civilian police.

Either way you cant go wrong going Active duty.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
you'll be in the sandbox longer probably doing confinement, dealing with prisoners and such. My buddy who's AF cop says that the MP's do get better treatment and do some really cool stuff. but he's the only source that has told me this. it allllll depends on what base you are at. your duty station decides your job. is up to you to make the best or worst of it.

03cobraracer

Established Member
you'll be in the sandbox longer probably doing confinement, dealing with prisoners and such. My buddy who's AF cop says that the MP's do get better treatment and do some really cool stuff. but he's the only source that has told me this. it allllll depends on what base you are at. your duty station decides your job. is up to you to make the best or worst of it.

arent you in the AF?

03cobraracer

Established Member
lol just the way you said it it sounded like you werent.. i was like "wait a sec.." yeah ive gotta do some more research. seems like alot of people are getting 20k enlistment bonuses these days to with the army, which i wouldnt mind at all to put towards a house when i get out. just gotta do more research..

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
I know you didnt ask for this kind of advice, but why would you join the military to do a job that you can do as a civilian and get paid way more for doing?

MPs = bitches of the military. And it doesnt help you out in the civilian world trying to get placement with departments.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I know you didnt ask for this kind of advice, but why would you join the military to do a job that you can do as a civilian and get paid way more for doing?

MPs = bitches of the military. And it doesnt help you out in the civilian world trying to get placement with departments.

Your right I didn't ask for that kind of info, specially bashing them. That's your opinion. Second if I could actually get hired somewhere in the civilian world I wouldn't be joining the military but I can't Get hired anywhere. In jersey the only people getting hired are veterans. I'm an auxilary officer now and I enjoy it but its volunteer so it doesn't pay the bills. I personally enjoy law enforcement and I wanna continue doing it military or civilian.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member

are you for ceral? so what exactly do you do in the military?

03cobraracer

Established Member
i will definately look into that if i go this route. im definately interested in going federal also after the military. my uncle is in the FBI and my cousin is in ICE so they can probably help me as well.

how often to MP's deploy? i dont mind it i was just wondering.

03cobraracer

Established Member
well i took my ASVAB at Ft. Dix yesterday and i did pretty good. i got a 70 which for me is awsome cause i suck at test..lol i also didnt study or anything. the other 3 guys that tested with me bombed it. recruiter said i only need a 48 to be a MP so i think i did fine. now i gotta call them today and start the next step. so glad i nailed it on the first shot though, i never wanna take that test again lol they also had me take that TAPAS personality test to.

03cobraracer

Established Member
nice. yeah i tried to get a MP job but there arent any available right now, no openings at all. only job available that sounds pretty decent is combat engineer 21B. still trying to sit down with the air force recruiter again before i make any decisions. hopefully soon i will be signing a contract with someone.

Quickdraw205

Established Member
I'm a AF Security Forces Cop in the Guard. It's a little different than active duty. Our rotation is 3yrs home, 1 year deployed. There are good and bad things with all jobs. The AF cops also have programs called Ravens that fly on special missions. That's a good program if you want to fly a lot. Let me know if you have any other questions.

03cobraracer

Established Member
thanks quickdraw i appreciate it! i actually heard from the army recruiter today they actually got me the MP job! literally 1 slot opened up and they saw it and got me the job. so tommorow i gotta hand in my paperwork for my security clearance and i go to MEPS on monday-tuesday most likely. my ship date is 20110207. i shouldnt have a problem for the physical im healthy and have no health problems or anything. wish me luck! lol

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
thanks quickdraw i appreciate it! i actually heard from the army recruiter today they actually got me the MP job! literally 1 slot opened up and they saw it and got me the job. so tommorow i gotta hand in my paperwork for my security clearance and i go to MEPS on monday-tuesday most likely. my ship date is 20110207. i shouldnt have a problem for the physical im healthy and have no health problems or anything. wish me luck! lol

wow congrats man...the security clearance is a big headache. They want any and all info from last 10 yrs. Had to call the ex wife just to get some info from her...that was no fun lol

03cobraracer

Established Member
haha yeah i did not enjoy filling out 16 pages of crap.. hopefully everything goes smoothly with that and my long boring day at MEPS. then i will be good to go. i think i got pretty lucky that a slot opened up, someone must have backed out.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Now let me tell you this.

Dont belive when they say there are no slots.

They are going to try to push you towards a undermanned MOS. If you really want MP tell them thats all you want and if you cant have it then screw it. Most of the time they can find you a slot for the moS you want.

Alan.

Users who are viewing this thread