Any Army MP's in here?

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah im sure they do that wouldnt suprise me..lol i know alot of people havent been able to get that job lately though from what im reading online. but i think they knew that i wasnt gonna join unless i got that job so they really made sure i got it..lol i qaulified for every job in the army going by my asvab scores. but i held out for what i wanted and i got it. i almost took combat engineer but decided to hold out for a few days, glad i waited.

what should i expect to do at MEPS? do they just do a typical physical like a doctor would do or is it more in depth? what else do they usually make you do? just wanna be prepared for it. i will lose out on the job if i dont pass it. then i will be pissed! ha

blackfang

Established Member
You should be fine. Just make sure you are 100% honest on the security paperwork for your secret clearance. it will come out anyways and better to know upfront.
I was an MP in the Army Reserves and spent time at Fort LeonardWood as a MP Drill Sergeant. The shit they sent seriously made me doubt MEPS ability to even do their job.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Yeah the Security paperwork is a big step. If you lie on it you will most likely go through MP school and then have to re class. Saw a few of those when I went through AIT.

Also, on a side note. asvab score means little. What they are really looking at is your GT score. But im sure since you scored well on the asvab you scored over a 110. Anything over a 110 will get you any job in the army.

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah i remember him showing me all the other scores and i think the lowest one was 113 or 115 i dont remember exactly. i know he told me all of those scores were very good.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah the Security paperwork is a big step. If you lie on it you will most likely go through MP school and then have to re class. Saw a few of those when I went through AIT.

Also, on a side note. asvab score means little. What they are really looking at is your GT score. But im sure since you scored well on the asvab you scored over a 110. Anything over a 110 will get you any job in the army.

what do guys usually get caught lying about on there? i didnt lie on mine but idk what else they would lie about, except for jobs or having foreign contacts or something like that..

also when will i know the clearance stuff is all done? do they usually get started on that pretty quickly once im done with meps or do they do it while you are in basic/ait? cause i dont leave for 5 months still wasnt sure when they actually get that out of the way

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
also when will i know the clearance stuff is all done? do they usually get started on that pretty quickly once im done with meps or do they do it while you are in basic/ait? cause i dont leave for 5 months still wasnt sure when they actually get that out of the way

They started mine the day I signed the contract. It took 5 months to complete. Mine is for TS, not sure what MP's require.

03cobraracer

Established Member
for MP's its a secret clearance. did they call all your references and old jobs and stuff do you know? do they come and talk to your neighbors and stuff to? im not worried just wondering.

AlanSVT

Established Member
usaully people lie about past crimes.... and what not... Thats how they will get you. Put everything down even if its off your record. Trust me they will find out ....

AlanSVT

Established Member
Secret usually they wont visit neighbors and family.... Now a TS they will vist friends,family neighbors and what not.

03cobraracer

Established Member
oh ok. yeah i have no past crimes at all besides some traffic tickets and stuff. never been arrested or anything. i got fired from a job once thats the only thing i guess i could be worried about, but idk how big a deal that is to them. it wasnt anything really bad just my manager and i did not get along and he blamed something on me i didnt even do, so he could get rid of me. but right now im just hoping meps goes well on wed, im only worried about that because im right at 26% bmi so im right on the edge.. at one time i was 235lbs, im down to 208 now and counting, but hopefully they will measure me right and get the right measurements. thats the only thing i see holding me back. been working out like crazy today trying to burn off water weight and anything else i can.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
for MP's its a secret clearance. did they call all your references and old jobs and stuff do you know? do they come and talk to your neighbors and stuff to? im not worried just wondering.

Yeah, they talked to about 7 different people that I know of. Talk to most of my current co-workers, past employers, past land lords, etc.
Don't worry about the old manager. The lady that interviewed me said that they get that alot. 9 people will say that you are a great dude and 1 will be the opposite.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah, they talked to about 7 different people that I know of. Talk to most of my current co-workers, past employers, past land lords, etc.
Don't worry about the old manager. The lady that interviewed me said that they get that alot. 9 people will say that you are a great dude and 1 will be the opposite.

ok cool i wasnt sure if he bad mouthed me and said i sucked if it would hurt me or not..lol when i gave my supervisors name for that job i gave them my shop formans name and number instead since technically he was my supervisor as well. we are cool so i know he wouldnt talk bad about me. idk if they will talk to anybody else there or not, i havent been there since january of this year working, ive been on unemployment since then.

AlanSVT

Established Member
The investigators are pretty good. They are able to tell if people are lying. usually they have all the info they need. They are just asking questions to see if you are telling the truth or lying.

blackfang

Established Member
what do guys usually get caught lying about on there? i didnt lie on mine but idk what else they would lie about, except for jobs or having foreign contacts or something like that..

I have had Privates lie about debt and some about tickets.

The recruiter should have it done prior to you leaving. However, we have had to re-do some of them when they got to us which ****ing suck. I want to go home at 2100 and not un**** packets because of a lazy recruiter.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I have had Privates lie about debt and some about tickets.

The recruiter should have it done prior to you leaving. However, we have had to re-do some of them when they got to us which ****ing suck. I want to go home at 2100 and not un**** packets because of a lazy recruiter.

ah ok cool. are you a investigator for the army or work at a basic training fort?

0TO60N4

New SVT Poster
Established Member
Im an MP in the army. Ive been in for two years. Im stationed at fort hood texas, currently 5months into my deployment in afghanistan. I love it. Its tough at first because basic AIT is pretty long. Some bases are better than others bigger bases use more MPs. Some bases use some civilian cops to. Ive seen alot being an MP, you get to be just like a regular cop except its on a military base. I worked the fort hood shooting. Theirs alot more crime on military bases than you would think. The army is alot harder on guys with a family. We do deploy quite abit, they are increasing dwell times : ). It is nice having a job back in the states patrolling the base. The hours are all over the place mornings,afternoon,nights you do get days off like any other MOS. There are ups and downs in any MOS and they all come with same BS details and what not. In afghan my squad is working alongside the infantry and weve all gotten CABs : ). Good luck man, my advice is sign the minimum contract to start to see how you like it.
On a side note i deployed with two companys of MPs out of ft hood and none of us are working with prisoners.

03cobraracer

Established Member
awsome man thanks. i wouldnt mind going to Ft hood sounds like a good Ft to be stationed at. i cant wait to go get started with training. i wanna be deployed and do the regular police work when im home. are MP's still getting deployed alot?

Users who are viewing this thread