any belt slip with 2lb lower and 3.2 upper

rsilver

Established Member
Hi guys, I researched this combo but couldn't find anything. I am still trying to stay stock looking ( retaining the pulley cover) while adding a pulley. I know I am pretty safe with just the 3.2 upper but from what I have read, it will not change things much so I thought I might add a 2lb or even a 4 lb lower too. Would this combo cause belt slip assuming I do not add a stub idler so I can keep the cover? thanks for your thoughts..........bob

rsilver

Established Member
I got no replies, so I did some more searching but no luck. does anyone know about the belt slip issue? thanks again...........bob

boostedoval

Established Member
I got no belt slip with a 2.65/stock lower. Belt slip is all in your aux idler setup. I had the new style billetflow bracket with 100mm idler. The belt was almost touching right under the supercharger pulley. The car always pulled hard to 6500.

Stupercharged

Established Member
^he doesnt want to run idlers lol

and im running a 3.1 right now with stock lower and cant hear it sliping so i think you should be good since the lower your putting on will take up some of the slack since its bigger than stock.

rsilver

Established Member
supercharged, I was thinking the same way as you and its good to hear from someone who is running a larger upper pulley. You are right, I don't want to run the aux idler, so I thought a larger upper pulley and maybe a larger lower pulley would help with belt slip w/o running the aux or stub idler hence the 2lb or 4 lb lower. Just my preference to look stock and stay conservative after modifying so many cars back in the day.
BTW, how does the 3.1 feel? is it noticable? do you have any numbers on added power? Thanks to everyone for your response...........bob

Users who are viewing this thread