Any bolt on 5.0 in Pensacola-Destin area?

ramstein

Established Member
Just curious if there are any members here from this area with exhaust/intake/tune 2011+ 5.0

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I think there is one rolling around, but I'm not 100% sure if the guy sold it or not.. Are you just looking for a 5.0 or will any car work within that power range?

ramstein

Established Member
Yea I think there is one rolling around, but I'm not 100% sure if the guy sold it or not.. Are you just looking for a 5.0 or will any car work within that power range?

a pullied Terminator would be great as well, or a ful exhaust c5z06, but I am particularly interested in a typical 3.73 full exhaust, tune 5.0:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well there is a pullied Cobra here in Daphne that is a good friend of mine.. He might be down to run.

MyGT8U

Established Member
[/B]
a pullied Terminator would be great as well, or a ful exhaust c5z06, but I am particularly interested in a typical 3.73 full exhaust, tune 5.0:beer:

I have a buddy who has a 5.0 / 3.73 / full exhaust / intake / tune ect... raced a stock 2011 C6 and the corvette kick his ass pretty bad. You will have to race something with more power for it to be fair.

ramstein

Established Member
I see many threads on this forum claiming otherwise. Some 5.0 owners say that they beat ls2 vettes stock for stock, so then they should beat them mod for mod as well. I have aslo seen several videos where an equally modded or stock 5.0 pulled on ls c6, so I am just curious. I don't necessarily think they are lying or exaggerating but I want to see it happen to confirm it for myself.

Last edited:

NTXRockr

Established Member
I'm in Pcola. I'm axleback and tuned but 6auto...raced a z06 yesterday at Blue Oval Bash (he was a former 'stang owner and granted a pass lol) and if it weren't for my fading OEM Pirellis it would've been a closer race. Our final pass was both best times of 7.61 to 8.12, but we were having traction issues all day long and spinning midtrack, etc. I'm working on getting drag radials or ET Streets soon so that'll be fixed.

As far as C6's in general it should be a close race if not in slight favor of the 5.0 if you're mostly stock or similarly modded, as on a canned tune and no exhaust I beat several back in Texas before coming down here. Now I'm running a more radical C&L 93 Race tune and it screams like a scalded ape. Regardless it's all fun bringing your best, making a few runs, then going back home to conjure up your next mods for the next time you race again lol.

Bottom line I think it's more about the driver than the individual cars, as at the track I've embarrassed almost every spoiled rich kid with a C6, Z06, SS Camaro, SRT Charger/Challenger, and even '12 Boss and GT500s...usually they're new to the car, can't get traction, can't shift, etc. If you're a stud in the cockpit then it'll be a close race. Let me know if you're around town or if you're heading to the strip one night, I'm always up for a challenge!

NTXRockr

Established Member
What's your schedule like in January? I'll be out of town until after New Years, but still want to do this...will hopefully have a new set of tires by then so I won't be spinning everywhere.

NTXRockr

Established Member
I'm still game, getting tires now so I should be ready in the next week or two. In fact we have a big meet (thanks to 98_saleen_cobra) next weekend in Pensacola, maybe we can get a few runs in then? I know you work weekends right, so if that doesn't work I'm free in the afternoons

ramstein

Established Member
I'm still game, getting tires now so I should be ready in the next week or two. In fact we have a big meet (thanks to 98_saleen_cobra) next weekend in Pensacola, maybe we can get a few runs in then? I know you work weekends right, so if that doesn't work I'm free in the afternoons

I need to take some days off and finally come to a meet on a weekend sometime. I have been wanting to go for a while now, but working in healthcare makes it difficult.
Afternoons would be the best option, just let me know and we can think about place and time.:beer:

Last edited:

NTXRockr

Established Member
I need to take some days off and finally come to a meet on a weekend sometime. I have been wanting to go for a while now, but working in healthcare makes it difficult.
Afternoons would be the best option, just let me know and we can think about place and time.:beer:
No problem, I understand. My work schedule has been all over the place lately but at least being in the military I almost always have weekends off. We got some good runs in this weekend at the big P'cola meet, was hoping you'd make it out but I know you were likely working. I'll be out and about for the next two weeks getting everything dialed in before we all head to Bradenton for the NMRA races, so if you are in the area let me know for sure.

Just FYI, since originally messaging you I've slowly added a couple bolt-on mods...I now have a JLT intake and a Lethal offroad x-pipe, and I might be going from 3.15 gears (stock for auto 5.0's) to a 4.10 setup...so I don't know if that still meets your criteria or not??? I've beat some C6 Vettes before installing both but now it pulls hard midrange to top end. Either way, I'm game for whenever as I enjoy winning or losing, track or street - it's all about enjoying the performance for me.

ramstein

Established Member
No problem, I understand. My work schedule has been all over the place lately but at least being in the military I almost always have weekends off. We got some good runs in this weekend at the big P'cola meet, was hoping you'd make it out but I know you were likely working. I'll be out and about for the next two weeks getting everything dialed in before we all head to Bradenton for the NMRA races, so if you are in the area let me know for sure.

Just FYI, since originally messaging you I've slowly added a couple bolt-on mods...I now have a JLT intake and a Lethal offroad x-pipe, and I might be going from 3.15 gears (stock for auto 5.0's) to a 4.10 setup...so I don't know if that still meets your criteria or not??? I've beat some C6 Vettes before installing both but now it pulls hard midrange to top end. Either way, I'm game for whenever as I enjoy winning or losing, track or street - it's all about enjoying the performance for me.

Well, let`s do it then! I am OK with your new mods, I am ready any time.(except Sat, Sun) I just want to see the outcome, regardless who wins. Just like you, I enjoy it no matter what happens.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread