Any cam horror stories?

nugen

Established Member
I already have all the usual bolt ons and my car is pushing 476 hp and 502 lb/ft. I'm pretty sure that my next mod will be the JDM grind Crower cams. Are there any lessons learned about cams on here?

I did a search and I wasn't able to find any regrets other than the price. Then again, no one asked the question. I appreciate your feedback.

:beer:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
sorry this isn't what your looking for, but i was wondering how much HP you except to see off cams?

nugen

Established Member
Not a problem Wings. Given my current mods (all the bolt ons), I expect about 500 hp on 91 Octane gas (I live in Colorado). That would be a 25 hp gain. I also expect to gain torque throughout the powerband. Most importantly, I don't want to sacrifice the driveability of my daily driven Terminator.

I know that a Whipple or KB will give me more bang for the buck, but JDM is the only shop that I trust to do the cam install and tune. I know that I'll want the cams eventually, so I may as well get it done before my car leaves NJ. Besides, there is something about the sound of a cammed Cobra that excites me.

x14

Established Member
I think as long as you get a reputable engine builder to do the work you should be fine. Can't go wrong with JDM in NJ.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
For the dollars you are going to spend on cams and install, get a whipple or KB. Much more HP per dollar.

predator

Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
For the dollars you are going to spend on cams and install, get a whipple or KB. Much more HP per dollar.

How about a KB/Whipple AND cams! :banana: .....and just be done with it!

Users who are viewing this thread