Any cheap track cars for sale??

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
I'm looking to get back into a Mustang for a track car and was wondering if anyone has any leads on a good deal. I know cars come up for sale on here from time to time but I'm looking to get something soon and have it ready for next season. The closer to California the better:beer:

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
I browse through that forum as well. Looking for a mustang and there really aren't any cheap ones on there at this time. Does your friend still have that silver carb'ed new edge for sale? I'm "sydewaysix" on there (as well as every other forum:beer:)

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
What's your definition of "cheap"?? I have a buddy in Folsom that's selling his track-prepped '98 Mustang Cobra. Interior stripped, full NASCAR roll cage, aero mods, the works......If it doesn't help the car go faster, stop better, or perform better, it's gone. I believe he's asking $7500.

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
What's your definition of "cheap"?? I have a buddy in Folsom that's selling his track-prepped '98 Mustang Cobra. Interior stripped, full NASCAR roll cage, aero mods, the works......If it doesn't help the car go faster, stop better, or perform better, it's gone. I believe he's asking $7500.

That is a little more than I want to spend on a track car but I'd be willing to consider that amount if I feel its worth it. Can you PM me his contact info and details on the car?

Thanks!

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
are you looking for a "pure" track car? Mine is street/track. Wouldn't be hard to strip the interior and a few other things and make it "pure track"

I'm in the midwest and I still wouldn't be willing to go below 8500 on mine plus shipping so it might not be what you're looking for. It also needs a battery and I'm getting bitched at to get it out of my mom's garage this winter which is why I'd even be willing to go down to 8500.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-mustangs-405/946197-2001-irsd-mustang-gt.html

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
not necessarily looking for a "track only" car, but I do prefer to have something with a roll cage in it. It'd be great to have something still street legal, but the $8500 price tag on your's is a bit out of my range. Thanks anyway

Users who are viewing this thread