Any cigar smokers?

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I have recently began smoking more and more, and picked up a humidor and some other essentials to get me started so I don't have to run to the local store everytime I want one. What are you guys liking? I am in the stage right now where I haven't really found the perfect everyday smoke and I am trying all sorts of new ones.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Zporta (Zak) and I got into cigars about a year ago. For the most part we've just been buying samplers. Zak started a journal where he could keep track of all the cigars and rate them. It's really personal preference. Do you like mild or medium bodied? Some have hints of coffee and pepper. I prefer something more medium with a hint of sweetness. Then there are the sizes. I prefer a toro or robusto. Not a fan of churchills. One of the more recent sticks that I really like is the Isla Del Sol by Drew Estates. Lots of good choices though. I know Zak likes the Gurkhas pretty good. There is a lot to learn and I'm still learning. Visit your local cigar shop and ask questions. The owner of my store always takes the time to explain everything. Just tell them you're new and they'll overload you with information. Checkout cigarmonster.com and fieldsupply.com for some good deals. I just bought a Nub sampler yesterday. I've yet to try any of their stuff.

Last edited:

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Zporta (Zak) and I got into cigars about a year ago. For the most part we've just been buying samplers. Zak started a journal where he could keep track of all the cigars and rate them. It's really personal preference. Do you like mild or medium bodied? Some have hints of coffee and pepper. I prefer something more medium with a hint of sweetness. Then there are the sizes. I prefer a toro or robusto. Not a fan of churchills. One of the more recent sticks that I really like is the Isla Del Sol by Drew Estates. Lots of good choices though. I know Zak likes the Gurkhas pretty good. There is a lot to learn and I'm still learning. Visit your local cigar shop and ask questions. The owner of my store always takes the time to explain everything. Just tell them you're new and they'll overload you with information. Checkout cigarmonster.com and fieldsupply.com for some good deals. I just bought a Nub sampler yesterday. I've yet to try any of their stuff.

So far I am liking mild to mild/medium. I only smoke robustos or toros, the churchills would make me sick. I think I would love to find one with a medium body and a bit of sweetness, but so far I haven't found that perfect one, the Makers Mark 650 is close however. I don't think I want to get into flavored/infused cigars but I did pick up a Java Maduro last night and I am going to let it sit in the humidor for about a week and then enjoy it. I also had a La Flor Dominicana Suave last night that was actually very good, and was the first one I have smoked to the nub and didn't really want to finish it.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I have recently began smoking more and more, and picked up a humidor and some other essentials to get me started so I don't have to run to the local store everytime I want one. What are you guys liking? I am in the stage right now where I haven't really found the perfect everyday smoke and I am trying all sorts of new ones.

Arturo Fuente hemingway is probably my all around most balanced go to stick. Comes in a variety of sizes. Give it a shot, mild to medium bodied and never disappoints me.

I've recently tried a few others. Montecristo espada, Anything from Davidoff is good, but I wouldn't call them everyday smokes unless you're loaded. Just had a Royal Robusto the other night $$$..Partagas carries quite a few good ones.

I smoke one or 2 every other week or so. My guy gets cubans but they obviously sell at a premium and I haven't always found them to be worth the costs.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I smoke one or 2 every other week or so. My guy gets cubans but they obviously sell at a premium and I haven't always found them to be worth the costs.

I usually smoke one on both Friday and Saturday nights while messing around my garage or just sitting on the deck. I agree with you on the Cubans. I've tried a couple that friends have given me and never been impressed enough to spend my money on them. I like to get recommendations from others and I don't believe I've tried the Arturo Fuente Hemingway so I'll be sure to pick one up. I've had other Arturo's and enjoyed them.

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I don't believe I've tried the Arturo Fuente Hemingway so I'll be sure to pick one up.

I doubt youll be disappointed...very balanced stick

Was going to say it but I forgot, when I first started smoking I would smoke the cigar way too fast. It would get too hot and taste like hell. Smoke slow, keep it cool. You'll taste so much more in terms of the variety of flavors the stick has to offer. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Oh gawwd....Acid. Had one the other night, BLEGHH! Infused cigars to me is like flavored beer. Maybe i'm a purist but I found it disgustingly sweet and all around "artificial". It was the 'Kuban...something-er-other'

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Oh gawwd....Acid. Had one the other night, BLEGHH! Infused cigars to me is like flavored beer. Maybe i'm a purist but I found it disgustingly sweet and all around "artificial". It was the 'Kuban...something-er-other'

Haha I was just waiting for someone to comment on the Acids. I'm no fan of infused cigars either but I found the Blondies to be tolerable on occasion. That's about the only one though.

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Never had a Patel... Just had an oliva the other night. Great stick...I can't recall the name, it was box pressed

I had a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 last Friday. It was decent.

15388918586_f5c3153151_o.jpg

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
This should be the official cigar thread if there isn't one...now I really want one lol

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Rocky Patel's are good! Try a Padron! One of my favorites that are medium bodied. I enjoy Fuentes, Camacho's, Room 101's, Olivia V, Casa Magna & the My father line.

If your on Facebook join the Cigar Club Lounge. Good stuff posted non stop.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Rocky Patel's are good! Try a Padron! One of my favorites that are medium bodied. I enjoy Fuentes, Camacho's, Room 101's, Olivia V, Casa Magna & the My father line.

If your on Facebook join the Cigar Club Lounge. Good stuff posted non stop.

I had a Padron 2000 a couple months ago. I enjoyed it.

Grape, always grape.

:nonono:

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
CAO La Traviata Intrepido or Padron 3000 Maduro as a daily for me. Every once in a while I will spring for a serie 1964 and on special occasions a serie 1926. Oliva serie V is another good one.

Users who are viewing this thread