Any companies have invisible car bras for the 03?

hotrod03

Resident Law Student
Established Member
Anyone making invisible car bras for the 03 cobra yet? I'd like to get a package to protect the paint. :thumbsup:

hwystr

Established Member
www.invinca-shield.com

Mine goes on saturday at the local meineke shop - I'll post a summary of what I think then. They are 20% off (now):beer:

hwystr

Established Member
Well I had the invinca shield kit installed yesterday, ~13 pieces. Took 2 guys ~3hrs, cost me $150.

Not real happy with the install job, had a number of pieces of dirt trapped under the plastic which create air bubbles and look pretty noticeable. They said I had dirt IN the paint, funny I didn't notice that before... Got it home, thought about it for 5min - figured it was now or never, peeled off 3 panels that had the most crap under them. Imagine my surprise when the plastic amazingly pulled all that dirt right out of my paint - dumazzes - I knew better.:nonono:

My advice to anyone considering this, try out a couple of the pieces behind the wheels first. Not sure I would recommend any of the pieces that adhere to the top surface of the car - too noticeable on sonic blue. The top bumper piece is a real bich to get to fit, these guys fought it a long time - I think that is why there was dirt under it.

I ended up with the following pieces: #1, #2(removed), #3(removed), #4, #5, #9, #11. Good luck to everyone else ! I'm just glad this is freakin over.:whine:

SStupid

Established Member
Yeah

If anyone wants pics of this install on a Sonic Cobra, just let me know. I'm still on the fence about it. It is pretty noticeable on the Sonic Blue cars. I have some air bubbles on the front bumper assembly, and the stuff doesn't cover he WHOLE bumper. Their are spaces in front of the headlights where there is nothing. There is nothing along the small bottom strip underneath the intercooler intake, and there is a license-plate hole in the middle of the bumper. Now I have to consider getting the license plate installed. I have a few small bubbles along the fog-light section, but if it doesn't cure in the heat, the guy who installed it will fix it. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate rock chips, though, so I guess I'm willing to put up with some of this stuff.

hotrod03

Resident Law Student
Established Member
I really really really hate rock chips too, so I guess I could put up with some of the shit. Do you have any pics hwystr or SStupid? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I drop close to $500 on plastic. Thanx in advance.:thumbsup:

SStupid

Established Member
Trying

I took some pics and will try ane post them. Don't pay upwards of $500 to get this done. I got it done for $250. That included the front bumper, front fenders, hood back to the vents and the mirrors. I'm going to get the rear fenders done soon. Call around and get a lower price.

SStupid

Established Member
That worked.

Here's another. This is the "wrap-around" part of it on the driver's side of the bumper, underneath the headlght. You can see from the top of the wrap-around that the clear bra does not come all the way up to the headlight. There is about a 2-inch gap of uncovered bumper.

Last edited:

SStupid

Established Member
And another

Yet another. I tried to get my only hood bubble in the pic. This is right in front of the vents on the hood, but sideways, so you can see the line the bra forms. It's easiest to see the bra at twilight, when you let wax stay in the cracks, and when it's wet. It beads water differently than the rest of the car. I wish I could show you the areas that is doesnt't cover, but it's too hard to digitally show this because of resolution issues. It really is hard to get the lines to come out on digital pics. From 4-6 feet away, you can't even see this stuff.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
MY .02

DON'T BUY THE INVINCA-SHIELD KIT. I bought the Invinca-Shield kit because it was the only one available at the time. I was going to do a track time and needed the kit asap. I e-mailed Xpel multiple times trying to get them to finish their kit but they didn't. I have had clear bras on several of my other vehicles and have installed all of them myself. The I-S kit has way to many seems and relief cuts to leave a clean looking job. The more seems and edges you have the easier it is to see. The I-S kit is probably designed this way to make it easier to install but that sacrifices quality. I also was pressed for time and payed $400 for installation by someone that was supposed to be the best around. You know what they say....learn from your mistakes....I should have just made the time to install it.....the installation would have been alot nicer and I would still have the $400 in MY pocket.

The only part of the I-S kit that I liked was the pieces for behind the rear wheels. They offer good coverage and a clean look( what you can see) when done.

Last edited:

hwystr

Established Member
I agree. Do the area behind the rear wheels 1st. I thought the area behind the front wheels and lower bumper turned out OK too. I'd pass on the hood, fenders, and roof or at least do them after you saw the rest. Getting use to it now...:)

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
Nice but not worth the money

I guess it depends somewhat on where you live/drive. In the northeast, even though I didn't drive mine much in the dead of winter, there so much gravel and sand put on the roads and highways that takes a while before it's all washed off that it's like your car is getting sandblasted. I do a lot of highway driving and so the front is always getting blasted. I saw what it did to my previous car's front and it would make me sick to see it happen to my Cobra.
I put the Invinca-shield kit on myself last year. The front bumper section was very difficult to put on as mentioned in a previous post. However, mine covers all but about 1/2 " in front of the headlights and does cover the thin section below the opening for the rad.
In all, some parts were easy and some were very aggravating to install. I thought that I could have done a better job (got some wrinkles around some corners) and wished that I had paid someone with more experience to put it on, but from what I've read from some posts about the quality or lack of, maybe I'm glad I didn't.
Now, many miles later, my paint still looks good and you only see the shield if your close or look for it, on silver at least.
I think it *is* worth it.

Mike

SVTNICK

Established Member
Stone Guard at www.stoneguard.com also make a good kit. Ive seen this kit on ferraris and other exotics. FOr the 03 Cobra its 560 buckaroos. Ive ordered mine..ill let you know how it turns out.

-Nick

RockBlocker

Established Member
Hey guys,

I thought I could shed some light on the subject here.

If the kit is properly installed you should be able to see it from 5 feet away. Yes, if you get right up on it you will see the lines of where the kit ends. You can say that it is 98% invisible. It looks really good on all colors except black. That tends to show it the product the most.

When shopping for a clear bra you should consider the price, style of the kit, how many pieces the kit is, does it wrap the ede of the hood, is there any splices in it and what material is being used to name a few. We carry our own line and StonGard. The prices vary greatly depending on what you are looking for. click
here

The one thing that is nice after 40,000 miles and you dont have any rock chips you will be :) . If you would like any advice or opinions I am more than willing to help out.

SVTNICK

Established Member
Rockblocker-

Do you know of an installer in NJ? I cant seem to find one. I was looking to get stone guard installed. Is it also cheaper to purchase from you or stone guard?

RockBlocker

Established Member
Do you know of an installer in NJ? I cant seem to find one.

SVTNICK,

I know of two installers in NJ. You can buy the StonGard kit for the same price from me. I also offer my own line of kits for the Cobra at a cheaper cost. Let me know if I can help you.

Users who are viewing this thread