Any Dyno #'s for Predator w/o pulley?

Grey03

Established Member
I know the predator just came out, I was wondering if someone had dynoed their car with the predator and no pulley. I was wanting to get one for my car, but won't be getting a pulley any time soon. Also my mods are catback and cai what kind of gains could I expect from the predator, and is it worth the price?

thanks

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I don't have any dyno numbers but I will tell you that tuning the car with the predator's factory "performance tune" made a very big SOTP difference. There is absolutely no doubt the car pulls way harder even with the stock pulley set up. It made a big difference. I say it is worth it even if you do not do the pulley swap. GET ONE!!! I promise you will be satisfied.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
If you're using the predator, aren't you voiding your warranty anyway? Why not get a smaller pulley too, since w/ the pred all you pay for is the pulley/belt and not the chip/tuning?

~Berj

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Originally posted by Andorion
If you're using the predator, aren't you voiding your warranty anyway? Why not get a smaller pulley too, since w/ the pred all you pay for is the pulley/belt and not the chip/tuning?

~Berj

I think the jury is still out on the warranty issue and predator. I have heard both stories. One being if you put the stock tune back in the dealership will not know and the other side being that they will be able to tell the computer has been reflashed.

I will tell you that I did have 2 hypertech power programmers for an LT1 and LS1. They are very similar to the predator but do not have as many options. I have taken both GM cars in for service after reflashing the computer and putting the stock tune back in. The dealership did a diagnostic scan and never mentioned anything about the computer being tampered with. Does this work the same way with Ford? I don't know.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Ahh, I was under the impression "Ford could tell".... I can't wait till we get some hard evidence on this, either way =)

~Berj

Users who are viewing this thread