Any E55 races?

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
One of my buddy's just got his '04 E55. :coolman: Race will soon happen after his 1000 mile break-in. :burnout:

Guess I gotta finally order the Predator and put my 2.77 pulley on.;-)

Just wondering if any of you guys have had a run in with one.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I've seen some videos of 03 Cobra's and E55's. The E55's are very quick and launch like they're being shot out of a rubber band.

Better get some good DR's along with your pulleys.

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
You will lose from a dead stop unless you have very good traction and leave like you stole it...

From a roll is a different story the cobra should pull away!!!

davidmax

Established Member
Slicks or Drag Radials and fresh air intake you got him add a Stinger and its a wrap,add a chip and 2.93 moderate pulley its no contest at all,Dave Smilovic

95_XB331

Established Member
Guys, this has got me to think, why would the AMG have "better traction" when it's putting 500+ ft-lbs of TQ to essentially similar street radials (unless the Pirellis do have that much grip?) ? Mind that the radials are at most 265's on 18's and big TQ comes in at 2500rpms!!! Front/Rear weight bias shouldn't be a factor if anything else (they're both front heavy). Sounds like no traction from a dig, just like the cobra...

Hence from a dig, it a driver's race...

Now from a roll that's a different story and the Cobra should win given power/weight ratio (unless drag is just that BAD).

Last edited:

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Originally posted by 95_XB331
Guys, this has got me to think, why would the AMG have "better traction" when it's putting 500+ ft-lbs of TQ to essentially similar street radials (unless the Pirellis do have that much grip?) ? Mind that the radials are at most 265's on 18's and big TQ comes in at 2500rpms!!! Front/Rear weight bias shouldn't be a factor if anything else (they're both front heavy). Sounds like no traction from a dig, just like the cobra...

Hence from a dig, it a driver's race...

Now from a roll that's a different story and the Cobra should win given power/weight ratio (unless drag is just that BAD).
You get a nice automatic transmission in the E55. Autos are great in drag for getting the hole shot. I got owned by an S600 at Sac raceway, he had drag radials and I had street tires. He pulled a 1.77 sec. 60' and I got a 2.2. which equated to a 11.7 for him and a 12.3 for me. We had almost the same trap MPH. Auto trans, TT V12 and drag radials Vs. SC V8, manual trans, street tires. I was done before the light turned green.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
The MB's traction control acts faster than most cars ABS system. It's a bad-ass TC system. The quickest times are run with the TC ON.

davidmax

Established Member
I agree its all in the M Benz technology,Dave Smilovic

jtfx6552

Established Member
Bah, forget the Benz technology, learn to drive and the Benz will be history.

A 1.77 60 ft is nothing special on Drag Radials, of course if he had DR's and you had street tires, the Benz would win.

But tire for tire it should be a win for the Cobra if it is driven properly.

JT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread