Any Ford Explorer People?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Just picked up an 18 Explorer Sport that is pretty much loaded. I really like it. I'm tall, so don't like the location of the dead pedal....I have more leg room in our 17 Grand Cherokee. I leased mine so not sure if I will keep it or not. I really wanted a Trackhawk but couldn't justify the expense when a loaded Sport was half the price yet still fun with decent power and looks better in my opinion.

Excellent point about the dead pedal. It does feel like it forces your left foot to far inwards

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I have a 2018 Explorer Platinum with the Ecoboost V6. The engine is strong, sounds wicked and ride is impeccable. Sync 3 is great. when I was looking for an SUV, I had three basic requirements i wanted as a baseline:
Minimum of a V6 engine
Great sound system
Heated and cooled seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Wife has a '13 Explorer. Treated us well.

Also, you can *easily* upgrade Sync 2 to Sync 3 as its nearly 100% plug and play. Swap screens and computers. (And you can forego using the nav unit to save a buck and just use google or apple maps)

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Wife has a '13 Explorer. Treated us well.

Also, you can *easily* upgrade Sync 2 to Sync 3 as its nearly 100% plug and play. Swap screens and computers. (And you can forego using the nav unit to save a buck and just use google or apple maps)

Where is the best place too look into this? Thinking about doing this swap next year on my 15 F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
I like the Flex better than the Explorer. 2015+ Expedition would probably be my choice though.

Well the wife wants it bigger... story of my life... so I am looking at Expeditions now. Going the cash in hand route so probably 2009-2011 Time frame.

01svtL

Established Member
Love my wife’s ‘18 Sport. I do wish they had better brakes though. Or I wish there were at least upgrade options.

Users who are viewing this thread