Any fridge experts here?

RX1Cobra

Established Member
My 15+ year old kegerator took a shit on me. Trying to get it back up and running ASAP as I have a brand new keg in it. It's a Haier HBF05EABB. The compressor doesn't always start but when it does the panel in the fridge cools off right away. So I think that part is still working.

My thought is it's the start relay. I pulled it and the part number is p6r8md or0304. I can find a bunch of them that start with p6r8md but none that end the same. Not sure if I can use a different one?

I was able to grab this locally but not 100% sure how to wire it. The unit has a thermostat so I know I need to wire that info the power side of this but not exactly sure how.
P410 Power Start Relay

I'm willing to put in about $100 max in repairs. Anything over that I'll just buy a new one.

Here's the compressor. I think the bottom is the common, top left run and top right start?
k1.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Hook it back up and when its not running try tapping/smacking the relay with an insulated screwdriver handle. If its sticking some that should kick it over.

Not sure what type of thermostat is in that circuit but try looking up the part number and see what type it comes back as and try to find a drawing. Try giving it a tap/smack as well when its supposed to be running.

Did you bench test the relay yet??? Quick googling I came across 2 potential drawings for that type of relay, figure out which one matches you best and check the coil.

Also if you havent already take pics of all the wiring before you take anything apart. Good luck.

72560.gif

s-l1600.jpg

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Hook it back up and when its not running try tapping/smacking the relay with an insulated screwdriver handle. If its sticking some that should kick it over.

Not sure what type of thermostat is in that circuit but try looking up the part number and see what type it comes back as and try to find a drawing. Try giving it a tap/smack as well when its supposed to be running.

Did you bench test the relay yet??? Quick googling I came across 2 potential drawings for that type of relay, figure out which one matches you best and check the coil.

Also if you havent already take pics of all the wiring before you take anything apart. Good luck.

View attachment 1820068

View attachment 1820069

I didn't bench test the relay yet. I've only partially pulled it just so I could get a part number and had planned to just replace it. Shook it a little and plugged it all back in and its running again.

I didn't actually undo any of the wiring yet cause I didn't want to forget how to redo it. This all happened after moving it to my basement from a 3 season room since winter is here.

I guess at this point I'll leave it and see what happens. Going to be warm here today and I temporarily have the keg outside to keep it cool.

Users who are viewing this thread