Any gas experts? Problems filling C02 in NOS bottle

Dave King

Established Member
I have the NX Ntercooler chiller kit that uses a Spray bar that has C02 cooler the intercooler to drop the inlet temps. I can't find anyone to fill C02 into a Nitrous Bottle. I've gone to 7 different welding shops and everyone tells me it needs a C02 Valve. I can't find anyone to put a C02 Valve on it. I call Nitrous express and they tell me that they have "never" had a problem with filling CO2 into their bottles. I've drove all around town and talked to all the big companies and said they don't have a fitting to do it. Nitrous express says that their valve is a common valve that is used in the entire medical industry and that the welding shops don't want to fill it with C02 cause it has a nitrous logo on the bottle.

I didn't want to use Nitrous because I was leary of overspray nitrous going into the inlet of the supercharger. With 35 psi I dont want to take a chance of that.

Can anyone give me any direction in what I should do?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Dave King
I have the NX Ntercooler chiller kit that uses a Spray bar that has C02 cooler the intercooler to drop the inlet temps. I can't find anyone to fill C02 into a Nitrous Bottle. I've gone to 7 different welding shops and everyone tells me it needs a C02 Valve. I can't find anyone to put a C02 Valve on it. I call Nitrous express and they tell me that they have "never" had a problem with filling CO2 into their bottles. I've drove all around town and talked to all the big companies and said they don't have a fitting to do it. Nitrous express says that their valve is a common valve that is used in the entire medical industry and that the welding shops don't want to fill it with C02 cause it has a nitrous logo on the bottle.

I didn't want to use Nitrous because I was leary of overspray nitrous going into the inlet of the supercharger. With 35 psi I dont want to take a chance of that.

Can anyone give me any direction in what I should do?

Go to a paint ball shop.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
AGREED....I paintball every weekend and know for a fact that ppl that run these paintball stores are kewl as hell. If you explain to them why you want it, they will totally do it. I would if you came in to Official Paintball Games of Texas, INC. Oh well. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread