Any good shops around Tampa???

KillrCobra

Established Member
Anyone know of a good shop around Tampa. Basically, I need a reputable shop to tune my car after I throw on the S-trim. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!:beer:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by JoeCobra
Anyone know of a good shop around Tampa. Basically, I need a reputable shop to tune my car after I throw on the S-trim. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!:beer:
i think need for speed is near there:coolman:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
hey where in Brandon are you? i go to the car shows down there, do you know a Joe with a 02 SS? he was alking about a guy who had a nice 97, maybe it was you? need for speed is pretty good, I checked out there shop on Friday, very nice guy there Tony, helped me out and a clean shop, also, you might be able to try steve @ dragin motorsports, he's a big member of www.badrap.net in case you browse that site at all

KillrCobra

Established Member
yeah, that's my buddy. His car is pewter with black rims with a chrome lip. That damn thing is a monster. He mentioned you guys hang out at Lowes on Wed. I'm not free on Wed till 9, you guys still out there by then?

Also, does Need for speed have pretty reasonable prices, because I've heard places like Blue Oval out there are ridiculously over priced. I'm guess'n that Need for speed has a dyno also?
I also just found out about a place near me called Coastal Dyno. Heard anything about them?

Thanks Jake for the advice. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see that beast.

PS: Have you run Joe yet?

Joe :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I heard coastal dyno is awsome.

Need4speed's prices are pretty good. They don't have a dyno in their shop, but there is one close by that they go to. IdleWild is good but their prices are high and their labor prices are very high.

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
what types of cars does coastal specialize in?

I think Mustangs and WRXs.

Was that your car I saw out at Sonic this Sat? That thing is sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks man. You mean just last night right? If so, that was probably me. I was the only black 03 out there.

I usually don't go out there that often but a guy in a single turbo Rx-7 wanted to have a quick run with me.

Were you in your black cobra? If so, I might have seen you. Next time you see me feel free to come up and talk :thumbsup:

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD

Were you in your black cobra? If so, I might have seen you. Next time you see me feel free to come up and talk :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was probably me. Was parked a couple cars down from you. Let me know if you're going out there next week.

Btw, how'd that run go with the rx-7?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
pretty good. I pulled him by about 4 cars. His car is quick, but it just doesn't have enough low end power to keep up. Everytime he would shift I would gain a lot of ground. He wants to run race gas and run high boost and race again but we'll see, I dont race out there too often.

Next time I go I will let you know. BTW - do you post on tamapracing?

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
how much did Joe say he beat me by? we only got a run up to half of third gear and he ahd me by half a car, not bad for me being bone stock

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
Coastal does 4.6s and alot of turbo and nitrous cars.
They just tuned a 03 with a Kennebell that was having problems.
I think it made over 600rwhp on a MD Dyno.

I was at Sonics too.I was standong by you when you got there John but had a race to go do so I didnt say anything.
Nice car!
Too bad I lost at 140ish by a car/and a half.!!!!!!!!!!!

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JaketheSnake
how much did Joe say he beat me by? we only got a run up to half of third gear and he ahd me by half a car, not bad for me being bone stock

said he got you by a car. I knew his car was strong, but didn't think it was enough to beat a stock 03. You gonna be out at Sonic this week Jake?

btw, were you pulling him when you got into 3rd?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread