Any good shops in the Austin area?

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I haven't been down here long enough, nor have I had a V8 in awhile (last one was my '98 Cobra 2 years ago.) I'm out of the loop on good shops anywhere in Texas.

I'm thinking about getting an SLP X-pipe pretty soon to compliment my Loudmouths (once my paycheck comes in at the 1st.) I want to take it to a shop that does good work and is dependable. I don't really want to take it to some crap exhaust shop or anything like that. I would do it myself but I do not have the tools, nor place, to do it down here.

Anyone know of any decent places around here?

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Bring it to my parking garage sometime.. I have a jack and wrenches.

Really?

Send your place to me in a PM and I'll definitely be stopping by sometime in the next month!

I plan on ordering it sometime within the first week of Feb. Dunno how long it will take to get in. Plus, I have to find somebody with a truck to move it. lol I know it won't fit in my car.

Thanks, man! :pepper:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Sure it will, leave it hanging out of the trunk for the short drive and tie the trunk shut, that's what I did. Back seats fold down too, throw a towel over them!

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Haha! Ghetto as all hell. lol

I'll try that, then. I would rather not have to bother someone with a truck, but I just don't want to jack my car up (like I did the '05 I had.)

Also, if I do that, the thing in the dash will go off the whole time I'm driving telling me my trunk is open.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
"Also, if I do that, the thing in the dash will go off the whole time I'm driving telling me my trunk is open."

Oh god no!!!!!!!

jk man, my number is 214-448-6005 and I live in orange tree in west campus!

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Id just drive to Oklahoma to SW Tuning ive heard and seen GREAT things done there

Users who are viewing this thread