Any good sounding O/R H-pipes out there?

csm1320

Established Member
Im looking to dump my factory catted pipe on my 2010 gt500 and was wondering what people were using out there for off road H-pipe. Seems like all i can find is complaints about off road pipes being to loud. Has anyone found a setup that sounds good and isnt so loud that im just begging to get a ticket. Im also running the Roush axle backs, if anyone has any setups using these and an off road pipe, id love to hear how they like it.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
im running the mbrp o/r h its a great piece. cant complain about it being loud just cruising around but wot it screams

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm running the lethal o/r x-pipe with the rest stock and love the sound. Low rumble until you get on it then it's LOUD.

csm1320

Established Member
I could live with it being loud as hell when im under heavy throttle, just would like it to be not earshattering or sound like crap when driving under normal conditions.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The MBHP H pipe is for 2011 and up. Like the ones below.....pricey! Heck, I just bought a decent Toshiba 37" flat screen high def TV for $369 and these tubular off road pipes are going or $100 more! Wow....

http://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=products&maincat=Muscle Car&cat=Ford

MRT is another full mid pipe H system, but for 2007 and up. Again overpriced IMO, but looks like they have a monopoly at this point. They make a high quality catted setup as well.

Mustang GT MRT H-Pipe Exhaust, 2005-2010, without Cats - MaxFlow Series - MRT Direct

Then there's the PHRP system........which is a "cheaper" alternative, but is just basically a "cut and bolt in" replacement. No thanks.

Mustang GT H Pipe w/ clamps

Somebody needs to step up here! Build it and we will buy! If Lethal can make a $219 off road X, then it can be done...

Last edited:

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
The MBHP H pipe is for 2011 and up. Like the ones below.....pricey! Heck, I just bought a decent Toshiba 37" flat screen high def TV for $369 and these tubular off road pipes are going or $100 more! Wow....

MBRP Performance Exhaust

MRT is another full mid pipe H system, but for 2007 and up. Again overpriced IMO, but looks like they have a monopoly at this point. They make a high quality catted setup as well.

Mustang GT MRT H-Pipe Exhaust, 2005-2010, without Cats - MaxFlow Series - MRT Direct

Then there's the PHRP system........which is a "cheaper" alternative, but is just basically a "cut and bolt in" replacement. No thanks.

Mustang GT H Pipe w/ clamps

Somebody needs to step up here! Build it and we will buy! If Lethal can make a $219 off road X, then it can be done...

Dwight, I totally agree with your post. :burnout:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I used a Off road H for a 05-09 GT. I had to cut and weld to modify it on the clamp to the drivers manifold but it works great!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I have the MRT OR H and had to change my FRPP 49 state mufflers to the FRPP 50 states to keep peace with the neighbors. I think it sounds great. Much deeper than the X pipe. No drone.

Users who are viewing this thread