Any good transmission shops in Houston?

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I may need a rebuild on my T56 and looking for a good transmission shop in Houston. I was told of one actually called T56, but I cant seem to find it online. Anyone know of that shop or anything else?

I may just need someone to figure out what the hell is wrong. Installed a clutch and 26 spline input shaft and now the car grinds nearly every time i try to put it in 4th gear, but i havent ran the car hard at all since im breaking in the clutch.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Sup man,

Circle D Transmissions is a very reputable shop with real race transmission experience.
Circle D - Transmission repair, Houston, Katy, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, Galveston, Clear Lake, Waller, Spring Valley, Hempstead, Magnolia, Jersey Village, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Conroe, Montgomery, Houston transmission repair, differential repai

Gary's Transmissions in Katy is also a very good shop! I've had a transmission rebuilt there. Very good communication and a very good price.
(281) 550-0055
21925 Franz Rd Ste 504
Katy, TX 77449

Good luck!

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
Do either of those shops specialize in T56 transmissions? I have burned in the past by a transmission shop (in a diffrent town,with a different car), but that can create some headaches!

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
I don't think they specialize in T56's but they are very reputable shops that stand by their work. Circle D is known for making some of the best race transmissions in Houston.

IKankerr

Established Member
Scott at LMR ( late model racecraft) has rebuilt over 1500 T56s including mine he used to rebuild all the T56s @ T56 rebuilds that's the shop u questioned about earlier that u could not find

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
thanks, i have found Scotts # so hopefully it doesnt come down to a rebuild, but at least i have some good leads.

I appreciate the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread