Any GT performance mods out there???

Fourcam330

Established Member
barondw said:
Venom your handle is appropriate for some one who displays an attitude because you and others have "knowledge". Everyone has knowledge and some more than others. Some of the alleged knowledge isn't even reliable or factual just an opinion..

How many books or mag. tech articles have you written/published regarding Modular motors? Here on earth a GT motor is just another Modular, which btw, anyone can buy piece by piece for themselves at any Ford dealership nation wide. My Naturally Aspirated 5.4 (GT heads/block, the rest of the components put yours to shame) makes as much HP/TQ as yours does with 11.5lbs of boost, but since it's not installed in a GT, I don't know what I'm talking about. :shrug:

I am content with handling things my way for my car and don't believe others should blindly follow my beliefs and ideas. Not everyone has the resources to do so.

For those who suggested things in a positive way thank you. Those who have not made positive cuggestions, that's your problem not mine. Those who don't have a car can continue to try to tell others they know more.

For those that don't like my attitude look at yours before attacking others. You can build your own car your own way. If you make more power, great. All that I tried to do was post real info and some of you folks don't like that.
That's fine. This is list is somewhat worse than most lists that let anyone post.

:beer:

You are possibly the most arrogant, ignorant, and elitist asshole I've ever seen post on the internet. Next time you're on the line with your buddies at Ford ask them why exactly the assclown that polished the GT cranks dragged his hand down the length of the crank with an emory cloth instead of holding it in place; which happens to be why you have a $10 speed sleeve on your crank keeping the rear main seal from blowing oil--or about any of the other dozen or more TSBs currently issued.
Then find out why they used a forged 4340 Manley H beam ($500/750HP/6500rpm) rod in the supercharged 550HP (actually 625-650HP stock) GT but Carillo billets ($1400/1400HP/8000rpm) in the N/A 385HP '00R? Why there's an inherent inbalance in the factory 4.6/5.4 oiling systems that cause oil pump gears (even billets) to shatter? Why it took 3 days for 3 Ford engineers (GT engineers at that) to get the motor pulled on a GT brought into a dealership for TSB/recall work? They did build the car... :shrug:
Ask the engineer if he or anyone else at Ford has designed/built a 670HP/530TQ naturally aspirated 5.4 (I already know the answer since the guys at Ford Powertrain (Ed Olin) called Al Papitto and told him they were literally shocked and tickled pink at what he was doing with their truck motor)? Ask them if anyone at Ford has built a 725HP/560TQ naturally aspirated 5.9L big bore like the Tymensky's, or 1400HP/1300rwtq ATI supercharged 5.4s (with billet cranks, billet rods, custom CPs, GT blocks they put your stock shortblock to shame) or 2000HP 4.6s ala John Mihovetz? How many Ford GT engineers design/build motors that win consistantly in SCCA, NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, etc. competition, and how many world records does the GT engineering team hold collectively? Has anyone at the blue oval built $50,000 a pop 1.5L naturally aspirated 500HP (that's 300HP/L naturally asprirated btw ;-) ), 13,500rpm SOHC pro stock bike motors for a living? I know the answer to all of the above and none is in your favor. These guys were hacking the starter bosses off GT blocks to get them to fit in Mustangs before your car ever came off the line. :loser: I could go on, but IMO, you're already six feet deep.
You "helping" anyone else with their GT should be classified as a crime against humanity. Talk about the blind leading the blind, LOL.
Saleen and Roush are nothing but smoke and overpriced uselessness, just like you really. To clarify, as I don't want this to turn in to an "us vs. you" thing, in no way do I believe that all Ford GT owners have their heads stuck up their asses.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
roushraven said:
Yeah I know about the manufacturer relationship, what's sad is that so few SVT enthusiasts know the extent of Roush development/engineering in the GT or other SVT vehicles for that matter. I asked because if you hadn't spoken to them yet I was going to suggest that you do.

True, and that same crowd also has no realistic idea of what it takes to make a combination reliable and streetable and are primarily interested in numbers to stroke each other's "crank" and brag about.

Anyway, I hope you'll stick around, I'd love to learn more of your driver/owner experiences. At current market prices I am out of the game for the GT unless I settle for one car in my stable. However, if (and that's a very big if) prices come down to MSRP I'll be able to play.

Baron's got a fluffer :D

venom279

Established Member
barondw said:
Some of the alleged knowledge isn't even reliable or factual just an opinion..

:bs:...You have no idea what you're talking about..

[/QUOTE]For those who suggested things in a positive way thank you. Those who have not made positive cuggestions, that's your problem not mine. Those who don't have a car can continue to try to tell others they know more.[/QUOTE]

Fourcam's first response to you WAS postive.. He was trying to NICELY explain to you that you will get more than 25hp from adding a pulley... WHAT HE WAS TELLING YOU A GOOD THING!! I really don't understand why you got so bent out of shape over that?? :shrug: Then, he went on to explain a few other little things, since it seemed like you were a little unknowledgeable about a few things. But then you had to puff out your chest and say well...if you dont own one, you don't know what you're talking about... :xpl:

You have 19 posts on here, why don't you chill with the attitude. (This isn't the first thread where you acted like a jerk-off). Again, there are many people here with a great deal of knowledge about these cars, it would behoof you to listen to some of it....Doesn't mean you have to do it...

[/QUOTE]All that I tried to do was post real info and some of you folks don't like that.[/QUOTE]

:rollseyes

Like the need for a bigger blower????...... :thumbsup:

venom279

Established Member
barondw said:
Venom your handle is appropriate for some one who displays an attitude because you and others have "knowledge"

:lol:... :D

Speaking of my handle....That comes from the fact that I used to own a 00' Cobra R 4 years ago, not too long after they first came out. It was #279 of 300 and at the time was one of the baddest cars that Ford had made. Obviously, with that low of a production number not many people had one and I didn't act like a jerk when I owned it.. :shrug:

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
How many books or mag. tech articles have you written/published regarding Modular motors? Here on earth a GT motor is just another Modular, which btw, anyone can buy piece by piece for themselves at any Ford dealership nation wide. My Naturally Aspirated 5.4 (GT heads/block, the rest of the components put yours to shame) makes as much HP/TQ as yours does with 11.5lbs of boost, but since it's not installed in a GT, I don't know what I'm talking about. :shrug:

You are possibly the most arrogant, ignorant, and elitist asshole I've ever seen post on the internet. Next time you're on the line with your buddies at Ford ask them why exactly the assclown that polished the GT cranks dragged his hand down the length of the crank with an emory cloth instead of holding it in place; which happens to be why you have a $10 speed sleeve on your crank keeping the rear main seal from blowing oil--or about any of the other dozen or more TSBs currently issued.
Then find out why they used a forged 4340 Manley H beam ($500/750HP/6500rpm) rod in the supercharged 550HP (actually 625-650HP stock) GT but Carillo billets ($1400/1400HP/8000rpm) in the N/A 385HP '00R? Why there's an inherent inbalance in the factory 4.6/5.4 oiling systems that cause oil pump gears (even billets) to shatter? Why it took 3 days for 3 Ford engineers (GT engineers at that) to get the motor pulled on a GT brought into a dealership for TSB/recall work? They did build the car... :shrug:
Ask the engineer if he or anyone else at Ford has designed/built a 670HP/530TQ naturally aspirated 5.4 (I already know the answer since the guys at Ford Powertrain (Ed Olin) called Al Papitto and told him they were literally shocked and tickled pink at what he was doing with their truck motor)? Ask them if anyone at Ford has built a 725HP/560TQ naturally aspirated 5.9L big bore like the Tymensky's, or 1400HP/1300rwtq ATI supercharged 5.4s (with billet cranks, billet rods, custom CPs, GT blocks they put your stock shortblock to shame) or 2000HP 4.6s ala John Mihovetz? How many Ford GT engineers design/build motors that win consistantly in SCCA, NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, etc. competition, and how many world records does the GT engineering team hold collectively? Has anyone at the blue oval built $50,000 a pop 1.5L naturally aspirated 500HP (that's 300HP/L naturally asprirated btw ;-) ), 13,500rpm SOHC pro stock bike motors for a living? I know the answer to all of the above and none is in your favor. These guys were hacking the starter bosses off GT blocks to get them to fit in Mustangs before your car ever came off the line. :loser: I could go on, but IMO, you're already six feet deep.
You "helping" anyone else with their GT should be classified as a crime against humanity. Talk about the blind leading the blind, LOL.
Saleen and Roush are nothing but smoke and overpriced uselessness, just like you really. To clarify, as I don't want this to turn in to an "us vs. you" thing, in no way do I believe that all Ford GT owners have their heads stuck up their asses.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6 feet? Nah, more like he's nearing China. :rockon:

360stang

Established Member
barondw said:
If you speak to the people who built the engine, as a GT owner you are provided certain information. I have tried to steer another owner in the right direction with 100% factual information pertaining to this vehicle, not general data. The information I have provided comes directly from the horses mouth. If you feel you know more or better than those who built the engine good luck to you. But I will go with those that have actual first hand knowledge.

The car is not a glorified hot rod and does not need headers, etc. Its these type of posts that turn owners off. Too bad the list isn't like the Porsche list which requires a special ID# to post, view, and respond. While it doesn't eliminate all silliness if helps tremendously. Believe me the owners aren't that ignorant or unaware of what is going-on.

Sounds like you need to go and buy yourself a Porsche Carrera GT. If you don't lke people's input then don't post.

Vic

Established Member
Big 8 said:
:nonono: No guy all you did was get uppity! Just like this post! Hey well you own a Ford GT BFD and good for you! You know what else you look like an ass hat because all you can do is say you post factual information when you dont! One set of cats? You obviously dont know a thing about exhausts? Parts from motorsport are covered? Ford hasnt had a motorsports department since the seventies! Its called FRPP ad they dont cover a thing! Maybe that will change for the GT but I wouldnt hold your breath for parts!

you talked to a guy at Roush! Your a hero! Like I said your engine is a 5.4 modular. BFD we have seen it before. Normally aspirated, supercharged, eatons, twin screws, Vortechs etc. Your heads your cams etc its all pretty much here. Oh but wait because they didnt pay 200K their opinion isnt factual???

Well here is the deal. There will be people who will be running around all day long in GT's with 600WHP and you, you will have ROUSH's phone number on your speed dial!

You bought a car with a Blue Oval, that comes with the blue collar crowd! Maybe you should take it back if prancing is your thing!

That about sums it up! :)

typhoon43

Established Member
Well I was going to chime in, seeing as how I have the pleasure of being close to the two Twin-Turbo GT's that spank over 1000HP to the ground, but it seems this gentleman could really care less about any help. You may want to back up the SIM card in your phone. Heaven forbid you lose your speed-dial to Rousch, and your GT spontaneously combusts.

Best of luck.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Yeah this one was just a tad old but funny none the less. Nothing like getting flammed off a message board in just your first few posts. Thats like getting your ass kicked and lunch money taken on the first day of school.

Users who are viewing this thread