any idea what my set up should have run??

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Hi everyone,
So I ran my cobra at the track for the first timeand blew up my stock clutch on the first launch. Im now in the process of putting on my 2.3 whipple so I wolnt have a chance to run it again with that set up. I was running on nitto 555s. 486 rwhp 501 TQ. had a 2.93 upper and a 4 ib crank pulley. full bolt ons, and full tilt boogie racing IRS bushings. IRS brace, suspension, ect.

like i said I wolnt get to run this set up again. the car will be 650 rwhp area in the spring.

curious as to what I should have run if the clutch didnt die on me?

any ideas how much of an improvement the new set up will make?

Wish I could have run it more with that set up... but not going to wait to put all my new toys on it!

ctgreddy

Established Member
on regular 555s or the r's? assuming the regulars you may have been able to get it in the 11's if you could launch it decent. That kinda power and street tires doesn't work out well at the track. I'd guess an 11.8@125. If you had good tires could have gotten closer to a 11.2 or so. New setup it'll all come down to tires and driver, could be low 11's could be low 10's. There's too many variables to really know what cars can run especially when on street tires.

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
my best time out of my first trip to the 1/4 mile was a 12.2@ 120.8

60ft was 1.85?

i was on 315 nitto extreme 555

373 gears SRA j&m upper and lowers

2.93 upper stock lower, intake full exhaust and a mail order tune ported heads tubular k member and subframe connectors

I know mine doesnt make what yours makes you and I could hit high 11's, I just needed more seat time and leaving harder, you needed a clutch lol

aarons04cobra

Established Member
nice, thanks man.

60ft was 1.85?

2.93 upper stock lower, intake full exhaust and a mail order tune ported heads tubular k member and subframe connectors

I know mine doesnt make what yours makes you and I could hit high 11's, I just needed more seat time and leaving harder, you needed a clutch lol

04yellowcobra

Established Member
That tire is going to be a big time limit of that setup. With a good tire on the car I would expect it to run mid/high 10s with a little bit of weight reduction.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Hahahah true that. Thanks for the input

60ft was 1.85?

Users who are viewing this thread