Any members here work for the USPS?

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Just curious. I just finished my first week of work with the USPS and man was it tough. Lots of stuff to learn and lots of walking and it is super hot around here right now. Kinda sucks. Im sure it will get easier as I go along though. Anyone else here work for the PO?

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
WORST JOB EVER!!!

Not to make you feel bad but the job sucks. I was a letter carrier for 6 yrs when I lived in NY and it was the worst 6yrs of my life. They cant pay you enough for that job. People think the mail man has a easy job:nonono: so not true. if walking the route with 30lbs of mail over your back in all types of weather is not bad enough( my route was 11 miles 6 days a week)......try dealing with the bosses, and there are lots of bosses. Ive never worked somewhere that had a lower moral than the PO. You are treated like a animal, you get no respect from managment and the union sucks balls. The pay is pretty good for not needing anything but a HS diploma but my best advise to you is to get the hell out while you still can. I quit, went back to school and got a much better job, a job where I was treated like a human.....not an animal.

For all those that have never worked for the USPS.....take all the negative stuff you have heard about the USPS, times it by 10,000 and it is still worse than that. There is a reason people go postal.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I dont work for the USPS but, my Dad does. He was a rural carrier for 10+ years and is now a postal contractor on another rural route here. It isnt the best in the world but, 10-15 yrs on the job, he is still there.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
^^My Dad also works for the post office. He's the station manager/postmaster of a nearby town, but started out as a letter carrier right after I was born.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
^^My Dad also works for the post office. He's the station manager/postmaster of a nearby town, but started out as a letter carrier right after I was born.

Same here. Father started out as a Rural carrier and before he retired (early retirement) he had been Postmaster of many towns around the area; North Tulsa, Drumright, and Gleenpool to name a few.

He was there for 27 or so years if I remember right, he would tell me things that sounded like it sucked! Always hear things about the boss or a boss or someone's boss LOL. Too many bosses for me like someone else said.

He's been out of the Post Office for 6 or so months now and seems to be more happy :thumbsup:

tistan

Established Member
Just curious. I just finished my first week of work with the USPS and man was it tough. Lots of stuff to learn and lots of walking and it is super hot around here right now. Kinda sucks. Im sure it will get easier as I go along though. Anyone else here work for the PO?

My uncle has been working for them for almost 40 years walking a route. He is just about to retire, but his knees are wore slap out from the job. I bet he is going to get a pretty good retirement check.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
WORST JOB EVER!!!

Not to make you feel bad but the job sucks. I was a letter carrier for 6 yrs when I lived in NY and it was the worst 6yrs of my life. They cant pay you enough for that job. People think the mail man has a easy job:nonono: so not true. if walking the route with 30lbs of mail over your back in all types of weather is not bad enough( my route was 11 miles 6 days a week)......try dealing with the bosses, and there are lots of bosses. Ive never worked somewhere that had a lower moral than the PO. You are treated like a animal, you get no respect from managment and the union sucks balls. The pay is pretty good for not needing anything but a HS diploma but my best advise to you is to get the hell out while you still can. I quit, went back to school and got a much better job, a job where I was treated like a human.....not an animal.

For all those that have never worked for the USPS.....take all the negative stuff you have heard about the USPS, times it by 10,000 and it is still worse than that. There is a reason people go postal.

So which is it? doesnt pay enough for the work? or pays pretty good?

You guys should stop complaining about a career that has pretty good job security and good benefits. My dad has worked for the USPS for 15 years at a BMC and the only thing he has ever complained about is working with some retards. And with that he was able to let us have a pretty comfortable life. I guess it all depends on your location but in this economy i wouldnt bitch about a shit shoveling job if i knew i wouldnt get laid off or fired easily.

Last edited:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Well shit. I just applied for a job there. Going in tomorrow morning to take my final assesment which is I guess what decides if they want to hire you or not. Ive been out of work since January and I need ANYTHING at this point. Kinda figures that the one job I may get is a shitty one.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
I agree with the post about job security. Thats what I am hoping for myself. I was unemployed and needed a job and this one came up. Hopefully everything works out.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
hope everything works out for you two. I have my good days and bad days at my job but, am def. happy to be employed and employed at a place that is pretty busy(plumbing, HVAC, heating, etc) right now.

Users who are viewing this thread