Any MPG figures yet?

muchv8wow

Established Member
I went to the training thing today when they brought a ecoboost premium over (I'm a customer I was just invited since I'm preordering) and no one can give me any mpg figures, not even estimated!

If I was getting the 5.0, I wouldn't care( have '13 5.0 now) and if I was getting the v6 I would just guess 19 city 30 hwy but I'm getting the ecoboost premium manual and I'm just curious in what range the miles per gallon will be on it

What do you guys think it'll be?

StuckInNY

Established Member
For the average consumer to buy a 4 cylinder over a v6 at a premium, it should at least have a 10% improvement in economy (or thereabout). I would guess that most Mustang buyers are not on the forums, and care more about the paper specs. I am expecting 22/33 rating at minimum, with significant decreases when driven hard. Anything less from the EPA, and it will hurt 4 cylinder sales in my opinion. If Ford is using mileage improvements as a sales point on the ecoboost (which is sold at a premium price point), the improvement better be significant.

muchv8wow

Established Member
I agree man, I'm backing out of my order until I see some numbers, if not im going with something else.

I see it having 20/28 just like the WRX and itll probably still sell with those horrific numbers.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'd say look at what a Focus ST gets then subtract 3mpg. Why no figures yet? Is this car ever coming out?..

Focus ST is rated at 23/32 so not much Eco in ecoboost? The V6 should get better mpg.

Last edited:

muchv8wow

Established Member
I'd say look at what a Focus ST gets then subtract 3mpg. Why no figures yet? Is this car ever coming out?..

Focus ST is rated at 23/32 so not much Eco in ecoboost? The V6 should get better mpg.

Went to the dealer training and have the booklet that only dealers have and there's blank spaces for the MPG for all three trims, asked the guy and he didn't even know the color of the car he was assigned other than "some sort of gray"

I sold my '13 5.0 and i cant be carless for three months

G-Mann

Established Member

This is what I was thinking to get a guesstimate is look at the ST for best case scenario, subtract a couple for reality. I was thinking about getting a EB4 to replace my civic as a DD but the MPG's are not going to be there.

Its been like pulling teeth to get Ford to talk meaningful data on the mustang but we will certainly have some numbers in another month or two, Tired of waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread