Any new info on Mustang production stopping.

CanyonOne

Established Member
The story is that Mustang production is coming to a halt. Why? Any one with info?

coleman

Established Member
i was going to insert some smart-allic response but desided against it... cuz this is getting old:

production stopped?
why?
when?
problems?
not true?!? ... a few days go by and repeat.

OverToad

Established Member
Trust me Coleman, that's what came to my mind. But he's only got a few posts to his credit, so I didn't want to jump a guy for simply not knowing the lay of the land.

MTI LS1

CanyoneOne, I heard about production stop to, but I'm not gonna say nothing about anything. People get to offended. HAHAHA!!

CanyonOne

Established Member
The wait for my anniversary model is going to be long enogh. Every time they stop production and push build dates back it just puts my further down the time line.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I just want people to say where "the story" came from.

We hear this every week or two, but nobody ever points out who said it other than "I heard".

Thankfully, I haven't heard anything about a production stoppage since the brief one last year.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Mach1driver

Established Member
Maybe he is talking about the blurb over at BON that was dated today that said Mustang shipments grind to a halt?

Dunno, not like I put a lot of stock in anything that appears at BON anyway....

MTI LS1

It's just a rumor, nothing more. People say stuff and blow it WAY out of proportion. And, why would it matter who said it?? I could say that Billy Bob told me, would it matter? No. People just like to talk, I just figured that out.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Well it matters where the info comes from if you care if it's valid.

If it comes from a reputable source it matters a bit more than you talking to Billy Bob.

MTI LS1

Yes you're right, but most people dont hear this stuff from a reputable source, thats why I asked ealier. Then people went bananas.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Can I order a new Cobra? Are they still being produced at the plant?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Production was halted due to the high number off ass kickings the 03 was handing out... The NTSB cleared the 03 for road duty again, after finding there is no clear and present danger to the general public, only vette owners and their fragile egos were at risk. Ford then resumed production.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Production was halted due to the high number off ass kickings the 03 was handing out... The NTSB cleared the 03 for road duty again, after finding there is no clear and present danger to the general public, only vette owners and their fragile egos were at risk. Ford then resumed production.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

franklinz

Established Member
any chance for a late buyer?? im thinking about purchasing one in december, early january. btw how much are the anniversary editions going to cost??

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
i was at my desk and a friend stops by to ask how my Cobra is running. He says they completely stopped production and Ford isn't making them anymore. HA! HA! I think he's been hanging with the LS1 crowd too much lol.

btw.... for those that don't know... my friend was incorrect in his statement.

FlashSVT

Established Member
From www.blueovalnews.com

Mustang Shipments Slowing Down
30 Jan 03
Robert Lane

Reliable sources informed BlueOvalNews earlier this week that the shipment of Ford Mustangs to dealers are being diverted to a non-Ford vehicle service center. BlueOvalNews has confirmed that information and can also report that Ford has been diverting a steady stream of Mustangs to the center since at least 27 Jan 03 (Monday) through today. The Mustangs are being delivered to the service center one at a time.

We do not have positive confirmation as to why the Mustangs are being diverted from the staging and shipping area to the service center, but we do know that the action impacts the Mustang, Mustang GT and Mustang Cobra. We have not seen any Mach1 models being serviced or awaiting service as of yet.

Interestingly, all of the Mustangs awaiting service have their windshield wipers propped up and off of their windshields.

The repair facility is generally regulated to fabrication and testing. It is also home to the GT40 development program and SVT programs.

Ford has made a major effort and has been successful at reducing the number of recalls by catching problems at the assembly plants before shipment to dealers.

CanyonOne

Established Member
I have not gotten any official dollar amount on how much the Anniversary Cobra will cost. The salesman I have talked to, if you want to put any stock in what they say, have said between $850 to $2500 added to current MSRP.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Answer for the trolls

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread