Any New Lightning Rumors?

rlearp

Established Member
I'm a bit over 110k on my 04 Lightning, all trouble free cruising and towing. HAs anyone read any information on Ford producing a new Lightning? I've love to purchase another Ford performance truck with some modern updates.

Thanks,
Ron

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
It would be nice to see a new lightning with the s/c 5.8L and awd. I think thats asking to much though.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I honestly couldnt afford a new one if they did come out with one. I had to wait many years to buy mine used.

Either way, sport trucks should have a manual trans option.

Last edited:

rlearp

Established Member
I'd be happy if they'd just make a regular cab FX2.

Me too. I was looking at new trucks but if you want all the bells and whistles they force you into a larger cab. The only way you can get the regular cab is with the base V6 or 5L. An FX2 loaded with Ecoboost would be pretty cool.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
just grab a reg cab short bed 5.0L 2wd truck and throw a blower on it with a drop kit....it will be your own lightning.

IIRC there are a few RCSB 5.0L trucks running in the 11's with either a blower or spray...

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
I don't think the newest style would look good lowered like a Lightning. They are big ugly bricks. I'm glad they went with the Raptor instead of the Lightning cause a Lightning in the newest gen would be like Scarlett Johansson gaining 200 lbs. IMO

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't think the newest style would look good lowered like a Lightning. They are big ugly bricks. I'm glad they went with the Raptor instead of the Lightning cause a Lightning in the newest gen would be like Scarlett Johansson gaining 200 lbs. IMO

Weight is one of the big reason why we didn't get a Gen III.

jwhite

Established Member

wouldn't look so bad

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Wasn't there an adrenaline truck that was going to be the next lightning?

They were going to put a 4.6 S/C in the Adrenaline but than they axed the whole line and made a new Explorer Ecoboost instead.

It would have been a sweet vehicle if it had made it into production. I know I would own one. The Adrenaline did at least make production as an appearance package though.

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member

True that...........................

Made me laugh, thanks.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread