Any of you guys running a Toyo Proxes TQ?

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Here are the tires i'm thinking about getting for the rear.

Proxes TQ

After 7 years of running Sumitomo HTRZ-II's I am thinking it's time to get a little grip for the rear of my car. A buddy of mine gave me 4 Hoosier tires (r1's) he used on competition track days for his Evo and after putting them on the rear of the car I now know what real traction is. Its wonderful!

Any experiences, pros, cons or other useful info would be great! :beer:

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
I've got Toyo Proxies R888. but they're not dragradial, they're R-compound tires. Loads of traction. I use some Hoosiers ET tires for the drag strip though.

Plus: traction, looks (if that matters)
bad: price, tire noice

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Seem to be a good street tire, hook well around town at 25psi. I don't run them at the strip so I have no idea how they would make out.....most likely the same as Nittos. Here are my 315/35/18's......

img1825r.jpg

img1828x.jpg

img1829gf.jpg

img1831t.jpg

Sny714

Established Member
Seem to be a good street tire, hook well around town at 25psi. I don't run them at the strip so I have no idea how they would make out.....most likely the same as Nittos. Here are my 315/35/18's......

img1825r.jpg

img1828x.jpg

img1829gf.jpg

img1831t.jpg

Those are 315 on a 10" wheel? Do they run narrow?

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
I have them and like em. :beer:

The Toyo Proxes TQ DR's are comparable to MT ET street DR's. They're definitely better than the Nitto 555R's. They do great in the rain from my couple days of rain experience with them. Can't say anything about tread life yet. I pulled a 2.119 60ft about a month ago. Still working on my driver mod. lol I also did a tight auto-X with them and was pretty happy with them.

Overall the Toyo Proxes TQ DR is a good street/strip/auto-x tire. Nothing like the NT05R's, but I'd never drive those in the rain btw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread