Any one else have condenstion from A/C dripping on Xpipe?

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Just noticed this a few weeks ago. Had just pulled my car into the garage and was wiping it down when I heard something dripping & sizzling. First thought was that it might be my reservoir cap was bad and starting bubbling over. After further inspection I notice condensation from my AC dripping...onto the pass. side downpipe. I went with the Alum. bassani catted x (I don't drive the car in the rain) so no need to go with SS, or so I thought. The cond. has been dripping onto the upper part of the downpipe and running down to the cat and now the weld around the cat is a little rusty...x pipe was brand new and i installed it in feb/mar. of this year.

Anybody else having this problem?? Remedies? Looks like I'll have to crawl back under there and try to make a shield or wrap or something to deflect the cond. away from the downpipe.

Last edited:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
They all do it. Think of it as your cobra "hissing at you". Lol! You could probably attach a small peice of silicon hose to the drain outlet and route it away from the exhaust pipe. I wouldn't use plastic or rubber do to the heat in that area.

postalbunny

Established Member
Noticed this day one... when i shut my car door it would bounce some condensation off onto the x-pipe and sizzle.

504lightning

Stangher
Established Member
when i bought the car and drove it home i shit on myself then i realized it was the ac dripping on the x-pipe:bash:

Jefe

Established Member
Yep sounds like im a cooking an egg on my exhaust when I shut it off. Sounds horrible and I know some rust will form but short of making a massive shield over the cat up to the bend in the X pipe im not sure theres much that can be done unless you can build something right below where it drips to send the water straight to the ground.

Im gonna check mine out this weekend and see if thats ^ possible

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I was going to be dumbfounded if it was only my car that did this. lol Just ticks me off, didn't consider a condensation drip when deciding between alum. & ss.

Jefe, let us know if you come up with something. I won't be able to get under it for another week or so but as soon as I have time it'll be the first thing I do.

Users who are viewing this thread