Any One Have Any Popping In Front Of Their Car?

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Mine has the same problem for now. It is probably caused by the upper spring mounts. It is a plastic spring isolator. You can switch to a bearing type from say Steeda. This should get rid of that annoying popping. This is what I'm going to use.

http://www.steeda.com/products/heavy_duty_upper_strut_mounts_street.php[/URL]

smrtasp

Established Member
My 03 used to do this as well and it was the upper strut mount bushing. It had flattened out so the strut was banging around in the tower. Hard to see when just looking under the hood but my mechanic found it. My 08 isnt doing this (yet).

Chuckieduck

Established Member
The problem as far as I understand is the plastic upper strut mount. If it is still popping after being replaced with something besides the factory piece, I would look elsewhere for the problem. Sorry I have no other guesses.

Willie2

Established Member
i have the popping only when exiting/entering my driveway. i have to drive up and back out at an angle so it doesnt rub in the front.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Hmmm, when I first back out of the garage or a parking space, and turn to the left while letting out the clutch slooowly, I hear a popping/clicking that I feel is coming from the pressure plate or CSC. Only seems to happen at that time. Not sure this is what others are hearing.

gizz8699

Established Member
Sorry to keep bringing this up just wondering if anyone has found a fix yet. This is driving me crazy. Thanks for any help.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sorry to keep bringing this up just wondering if anyone has found a fix yet. This is driving me crazy. Thanks for any help.

What suspension mods do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread