Any one intersted in doing focus pumps-READ THIS

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
This is an article out of the January issue of 5.0 Mustang & Superfords magazine. I cut the article out so if some of you haven't seen this issue, you can just read this or print these pics. It is a step-by-step instruction of how to do the focus pump install. I am glad it came out when it did because I will be doing this install very soon. If these are to hard to see, someone can resize them if they want, I tried and it made them real blurry.
FocusPumpInstall1.gif
Focuspumpinstall2.gif
focuspumpinstall3.gif
focuspumpinstall4.gif
focuspumpinstall5.gif

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Thanks for posting, thats cool you took the time to do that. :beer: That is what this site should be for, instead of some of the sh!t talking that goes on. Helping fellow mustang owners. I was going to go with the focus pumps, but opted for the boost-a-pump instead.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
FLYIN said:
Thanks for posting, thats cool you took the time to do that. :beer: That is what this site should be for, instead of some of the sh!t talking that goes on. Helping fellow mustang owners. I was going to go with the focus pumps, but opted for the boost-a-pump instead.

I need to look up more info on the focus vs boost-a-pump and how it works. I just want to make shore that you’re not maxing out the stock fuel pumps with the bap. I heard both sides and their are negatives and positives with either

Last edited:

carfax

Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
I need to look up more info on the focus vs boost-a-pump and how it works. I just want to make shore that you’re not maxing out the stock fuel pumps with the bap. I heard both sides and their are negatives and positives with either

Why not use the BAP and focus pumps at the same time???

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
04tiresmoke said:
Why not use the BAP and focus pumps at the same time???

I've actually heard of that, does anybody know anything about it?

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for posting! It seems pretty easy, I installed a aeromotive system in my 94 and this seems much easier than that. Anybody done this already and have some input?

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
Thanks for posting! It seems pretty easy, I installed a aeromotive system in my 94 and this seems much easier than that. Anybody done this already and have some input?

im going return style pretty soon...aeromotive A1000, aeromotive regulater, and aeromotive inline pump

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
FLYIN said:
I've actually heard of that, does anybody know anything about it?
Yes, I have had that setup for over a year with no problems. I did add the heavy wiring to supply them though.

I'm hitting 633HP and the FPDM is showing about 40% with the BAP set half way (25).
I still have the stock lines and rails.

Dana

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Dana said:
Yes, I have had that setup for over a year with no problems. I did add the heavy wiring to supply them though.

I'm hitting 633HP and the FPDM is showing about 40% with the BAP set half way (25).
I still have the stock lines and rails.

Dana

That's not a bad idea at all. Were's the best place to get the fp? AR? And also bap?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
That's not a bad idea at all. Were's the best place to get the fp? AR? And also bap?

Ford for the pumps.

HBH (Horseposer by Hermann) sells the BAP.

Dana

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Dana said:
Ford for the pumps.

HBH (Horseposer by Hermann) sells the BAP.

Dana

Thanks I think I get parts at dealer cost (my little hook up) anyone have a part number and idea how much $$$ this will cost?

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
what does MM&FF have to do with anything??

Cobra pumps will work if you upgrade the lines.. ;-)

Last edited:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
So what is the difference from buying the 2 pumps from ford or "the kit" from Pro-M. 2 hose clamps and a wire harness? Is this on there website somewhere? What is the price difference from just the pumps to the Kit?

Fang

Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
So what is the difference from buying the 2 pumps from ford or "the kit" from Pro-M. 2 hose clamps and a wire harness? Is this on there website somewhere? What is the price difference from just the pumps to the Kit?

So this Pro-M kit is just 2 clamps and a wire harness? I guess I better read the article. Someone chime in if you know.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
hmm, they say that normally aspirated cobras need a new fpdm. I have never heard this. im still running the stock fpdm in my 99.

wonder if there is a difference. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread