Any one with a stock 96-98 suspension?

makriluc

Established Member
I would like to know what is the height on a level ground from the ground to the top part of the wheel well front and back?
When I bought my 96 Cobra in 2008 it was already lowered with Steeda springs. But since that time I had to replace my O/R catless X pipe with one with cats (emission purpose), now I'm scraping the cats like crazy on uneven roads (love our roads up here :mj:). So I'd like to change my springs with OEM ones and I'm wondering what would be the new stance.
Right now I'm at 26.5" in front and 27" at back
Thanks fellow SVT.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hmm if that's your car in your profile pic it doesn't look that low. Mine never scraped when i had cats. But it sucks you have to go back to stock springs though

makriluc

Established Member
Yeah that's my car.
I know it does not look that low compare to other SVT members, but your in Kentucky (you lucky) not in friggin Quebec like I am. Our roads are so terrible because of our winters and cheap governments. I almost tore the whole exhaust last month because of a manhole that was higher than the road. It costed me $300 to re-fit the exhaust.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Have you looked up underneath to see how low the exhaust hangs? The exhaust on my Cobra is all hacked up and "custom" and hangs sooooo low it's retarded. I can fit my whole arm between the piping and the floorpan in most places. May you can take yours to a reputable shop and have them tuck the exhaust up more?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
28 1/4 front
28 1/2 rear

That's from the floor to the edge of fender lip above tire.

Completely stock suspension, wheels & tires.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Doubt my ride height will be much different than the other posters but i'll check mine tonight. 100% stock suspension/tires.

makriluc

Established Member
CobraHuck, that's what I had to do. The shop tucked everything as close to the floorpan as possible. They even re-bended the left side of the X pipe to make it fit as close as possible to the left side transmission cross member. My X pipe is a UPR with hi-flow cats and what is scapping is the underneat of the left cat.
Thanks Mark for the numbers. Wow that's almost 1.5" higher, no wonder we say stock SN95 looks like 4X4.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Huh. Y'alls roads must be stupid bad to be scraping after all that tucking. Your car sits pretty good now, it'd be a shame to put it up like a 4x4. Maybe get some stock springs and cut 1 coil off or something? I know you need to go up, but man that'd suck to go that high :(

makriluc

Established Member
After a week, everything seems to be ok now.
Didn't scrape once.
I think the shop did a pretty good job.
Finally was able to take a picture from the front. Looks decent for me...

eacutechappement003_zps69566307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread