Any opinions on the SLP x-pipe?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i had slp x for a long time and loved it, very good quality and being able to slip on straight pipes or the cats was a very nice bonus as well

BMFGT

Established Member
On my 04 Mustang GT I have an SLP Xpipe w/o cats and set of SLP Loud Mouth II (they are loud as hell) and have set of SLP Power-Flo mufflers (sound is just right for me). I love it w/ the exception of how low (really LOW) the X makes the sytem hang. At first I thought I installed it wrong until I heard others w/ the same problem.
I wish I could get it to fit better.

MisterChrome

Established Member
I currenyly am running and SLP catted x and love it. However, I want to go O/R but SLP no longer carries the cat delete. how can I make the swap?

69mach03

Established Member
I'm not familiar with their mid-pipes, but SLP makes the best quality cat-backs I have ever dealt with. I've put a LM1 kit on an 04 Mach 1, a LM2 kit on an 04 Mach 1, and a LM2 kit on my 94 Cobra. The "puzzle piece" CB goes together so nicely. I did an 02 GT once with Magnaflow Magnapacks. Absolute crap. Horrible fitment and a real PITA. And MAC -- who are we trying to fool guys: MAC is some cheap ass junk. But I guess I can't say much - I use BBK parts and seem to like them? :D

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you can buy pipe and have it cut to the right lenght to clamp it in, you just have to make sure to get the right diameter...as for hanging low one guy I took it too says there was ntohing he could do to make it better, IMO i think he didnt wanna mess with it so im gonna take it somewhere else or change to an H-pipe, I cant deal with it hangin that low after paying that much for it...there is no reason slp coldnt have make it tuck up into the body..anyone have idea how to do it?

BMFGT

Established Member
I'm definitely interested in what others have done to get the SLP exhaust not to hang so low.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Here is a sound clip of SLP catted X with Flowmaster 2-chambers. Just put the SLP in last week. Before it was a magnaflow weld-in X with no cats and the car was very loud inside the car but not outside the car. With the catted SLP now its nice inside and still loud outside. I will be putting some little straight pipes in place of the cats later. That was the #1 selling point for me on the SLP pipes.
th_cobraexhaust.gif

I have pictures of the ground clearance with 2" Sportline springs, but photobook is acting up right now, so i will try and get them up later if you want to see them.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
mid pipe is friggin top notch! no doubt about that.. i had no fitment issues what so ever. it hung low, as you can see in my sig it looks like i have LTs.. but i dont, thats on stock manifolds. i have adjusted it and it sits up tighter against the body now so its not that low. Yes im still at stock 4x4 height so i didnt scrape on much of anything.. minus scraping the underside of the cats on the one bump on a highway a few times.. but it hit the shield that was on them, so i flipped them over when i adjusted it.. so it sits right up there now, no worries at all.

it was well worth the money, specailly being able to change it to an o/r pipe and i believe shorty pipe as well, all at my will....

sorry.. here ya go
LowLightShifty3.jpg

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the only way i can see the x-pipe sitting up higher is to cut the pipe closer toward the manifolds so that it can tuck up, i alwasy scrape on the cats, thats why im gonna take them off once I can get a pipe to place in it, this seems to be a problem for everyone with slp's we all need t think up a good fix, i might also be switching to longtubes as i have FRPP shorty's now

toast

Established Member
Yea just to update everyone, I was just too scared of the x-pipe rasp, especially after hearing the bbk o/r x on my old GT. I ended up deciding to try something different (since it was far less than half the price of the $400 catted bassani x I was looking at). I ended up with a MAC o/r H on the stock c/b right now and I have to say that I LOVE it. I also drove for two days on an open H-pipe because my old bolts at the muffler flanges were rusted beyond belief so that was a little bit of fun as well. :banana: I also found this kinda funny: I drove side by side with cops on two different occasions and got no grief where as a buddy of mine who daily drives an Accord got pulled over for having an aftermarket exhaust TIP. (stock muffler):p He didnt get a ticket obviously but the cop did try to give him shit about it at first. :rolleyes:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
well at least your happy thats good, but the rest of us with the slp's need to figure out something to fix the low height problem

MisterChrome

Established Member
for those who have converted the catted x to OR, did you do the pipe work yourself or have a shop create the cat delete pipe? my only concern is getting the pipe to go over the rest of the mid pipe

Users who are viewing this thread