Any options on stiffening up a vert... mm flsc already in.

Slo Poke

Established Member
I am needing some advise. I have an 03 cobra vert with maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors and a 6 point roll bar that is tied into to subframes. I also have mm cc plates. I am still disappointed in the flimsyness of the car and was wondering what else might I do. I did go the cheap route for now with cut coupe springs but am planning on coilovers in a while. Please help me like my car again. Right now, a wish I still had a coupe. BTW, with all respect I don't want this to turn into an "of course coupes are going to be stiffer and you shouldn't expect a vert to be able to be stiff" I know that verts have major inherent problems but am seeking advice not "told you so's".

MikeW

Established Member
I rode in a buddies 03 vert that has the KB Matrix System ... I drove it in fact. It felt better but not as tight as I thought it would feel. Kina hard to expalin. See if you can find a vert owner in your area with Subframes and see what ya think.

Any pics of your car with the coupe springs? I have yet to put in a set of coupe springs. I bought a set from a buddy. The rears have been cut a half coil.

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Jeez, my vert with Global West's feel as stiff as a board to me. :shrug:
I've also got KB sport springs.

Slo Poke

Established Member
Well i thought once I put the full lengths in it would feel pretty stiff...but no. I bet it will feel better when I do the coil-overs. I need some cheering up about my decision on a vert.

04Venom

Established Member
MM strut tower brace and lower chassis brace? I have both on my coupe and it definitely tightened things up (did the sub-frames first). I believe the verts already have a lower chassis brace, but it is not as stiff as the MM version. Good luck.

Slo Poke said:
I am needing some advise. I have an 03 cobra vert with maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors and a 6 point roll bar that is tied into to subframes. I also have mm cc plates. I am still disappointed in the flimsyness of the car and was wondering what else might I do. I did go the cheap route for now with cut coupe springs but am planning on coilovers in a while. Please help me like my car again. Right now, a wish I still had a coupe. BTW, with all respect I don't want this to turn into an "of course coupes are going to be stiffer and you shouldn't expect a vert to be able to be stiff" I know that verts have major inherent problems but am seeking advice not "told you so's".

Thats just the tradeoff with having the top down. Well worth it though, IMHO. All those braces are good though. I think you're car will feel a lot better though with the coilovers. I felt the car improved in terms of stiffness with the coilovers. Less rebound all over the place.

Slo Poke

Established Member
Where does the lower chassis brace go. Is that the one that gets in the way when changing oil?

otto

Established Member
these cars are so sloppy its disgusting. they can use all the help they can get subframe connectors can only go so far of course the best thing is a tube frame chassis. i know thats beyond the realm of most. but if you look there some hardcore companies that are adressing the problem one of them i know well,AGENT47 I run there stuff in my cobra coupe my friend has there kit in his 03 cobra vert. www.agentfortyseven.com. i can tell you the kits are amazing in both performance and quality they also lowered the price since i got mine so you might try calling. they also run the kit in the A47 aix car out of three races they got a 2nd,1st,2nd and a pole with a rookie driver so i think that says a lot about the chassis the car was also built for ai not aix so it is not a wide body and runs on 275 toyos not the 315+ hoosiers that all the other aix guys are running. the other company i saw was a company called hans there stuff looks interesting but i dont know anybody running them so i cant really comment. if you look around there are others too.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
otto said:
these cars are so sloppy its disgusting. they can use all the help they can get subframe connectors can only go so far of course the best thing is a tube frame chassis. i know thats beyond the realm of most. but if you look there some hardcore companies that are adressing the problem one of them i know well,AGENT47 I run there stuff in my cobra coupe my friend has there kit in his 03 cobra vert. www.agentfortyseven.com. i can tell you the kits are amazing in both performance and quality they also lowered the price since i got mine so you might try calling. they also run the kit in the A47 aix car out of three races they got a 2nd,1st,2nd and a pole with a rookie driver so i think that says a lot about the chassis the car was also built for ai not aix so it is not a wide body and runs on 275 toyos not the 315+ hoosiers that all the other aix guys are running. the other company i saw was a company called hans there stuff looks interesting but i dont know anybody running them so i cant really comment. if you look around there are others too.

WOW!!!
That is some bad a$$ looking stuff!!!
I've heard of these guys but never had the link.

Thanks!!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread