Any paintball players out there?

SteedSpeed

Established Member
Way cool. Just getting back into it so a lot of the teams that I knew don't play anymore. Having to acclimate myself to new equipment, teams and companies. Those slo-mo shots were sick. I hope to make it to the NPPL finals at one point. Oklahoma D-day is also on the to-do list. Thanks for sharing!

getsum95

Established Member
Way cool. Just getting back into it so a lot of the teams that I knew don't play anymore. Having to acclimate myself to new equipment, teams and companies. Those slo-mo shots were sick. I hope to make it to the NPPL finals at one point. Oklahoma D-day is also on the to-do list. Thanks for sharing!

The game has changed quite a bit over the past couple of years. HK Army always puts out good videos. It is growing in popularity pretty rapidly.
Oklahoma D-day would be a lot of fun. I haven't made my way out to that yet either.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I used to play quite a bit. We played a lot of 3 and 5 man. Eventually got tired of paying tournament fee's to watch people wipe and cheat. I'm too competitive to just play and have fun.

When I started me and my buddies bought "Push" and would watch it religiously. Back when Avalanche was awesome, had Lasoya, Rocky, Poorman, etc.

getsum95

Established Member
Understandable. However, it's the smaller tournaments where you get screwed the most by the refs. It still happens, but in the PSP and NPPL not many teams risk wiping a hit.

Avalanche used to be a solid team. In their last years they had really good players but couldn't seem to get it together in the tournaments. I played against and with those guys a lot, they are killers.

20redfire03

Established Member
Ive played it with friends and would love to play now but its pretty much non existent in this area. I still get the emails from a few sites and it amazing the prices for the high end guns keep going up.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Understandable. However, it's the smaller tournaments where you get screwed the most by the refs. It still happens, but in the PSP and NPPL not many teams risk wiping a hit.

It wasn't the refs, it was guys using bunkers to wipe their forearms and hoppers.

So what are the new hotshot guns out now?
When I was getting out Bob Long Timmy's, DM4/5's, and shockers were the ones to have.

The hot topic was ramping boards and people figuring out how to sneak them past the refs.

ray1593

Established Member
Im not into it like I used to be but I still play every now and then, I used to play for a sponsored xball team and all but then got into stangs lol

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
My friends and I used to paintball religiously in high school. Last time I was really in the know was when Dynasty was the shit. I remember them winning the triple crown. What's with all the padding in the videos? Our jerseys when we played tournament style ball had none. I only had a part time job so the best marker I had was an ion by smartparts. Still have it along with all my gear. Even have my first marker, 98 custom all tricked out lol. I'd love to get back into it

getsum95

Established Member
It wasn't the refs, it was guys using bunkers to wipe their forearms and hoppers.

So what are the new hotshot guns out now?
When I was getting out Bob Long Timmy's, DM4/5's, and shockers were the ones to have.

The hot topic was ramping boards and people figuring out how to sneak them past the refs.

Right, but refs are supposed to notice that and catch the hit early on. Right now the guns to have are Egos, DM's, and Luxes just to name a couple. Still all very expensive. lol

Im not into it like I used to be but I still play every now and then, I used to play for a sponsored xball team and all but then got into stangs lol

Ha ha I hear that. I still get out and play in Saint Louis every now and then but the Cobra certainly puts a dent in the pocket book. What team did you play for?

My friends and I used to paintball religiously in high school. Last time I was really in the know was when Dynasty was the shit. I remember them winning the triple crown. What's with all the padding in the videos? Our jerseys when we played tournament style ball had none. I only had a part time job so the best marker I had was an ion by smartparts. Still have it along with all my gear. Even have my first marker, 98 custom all tricked out lol. I'd love to get back into it

Dynasty is still one of the top teams. The padding helps the paint bounce off of you. Unfortunately Smart Parts went under, but Tippmann is still in the game.

A lot more responses than I thought :rockon:

Electrokid

Established Member
Been playing for 11 years, and unfortunately was unable to make time to play this year (prioritized money towards Mustang).
I play on a scenario team (Team IYAOYAS) and we're sponsored by such companies as Planet Eclipse and HK.
Just got new Hardline jerseys in from HK a month or two ago that are awesome. Lots of good padding, built in gloves, etc.

Here is a picture from Fort Knox Indiana at the Goonies game a few years ago
IMG_4431.jpg

And here is a pic from playing in the mountains in Alberta, Canada that same year
264383_239555029390505_100000080290618_1001516_5639754_n.jpg

Also played D3 Xball in the MSL here in Canada
DSC_0525.jpg

Mystic03

Established Member
i used to be big in paintball but not so much anymore been tryin to sell my x7 Egrip if any one is interested lmk!

UncleAnt

Established Member
Worked for Todd Adamson of the ironmen for about 6yrs at extreme rage.played with palm beach vipers for awhile when they started out.Went to huntington beach with speed(was a WDP sponsored team)I know most of the femme fatales and I'm friends with a few of the guys from Miami rage and a few that have moved on to xsv and others.Been to Huntington beach,world cup and Chicago a few times.Mike paxson from aftershock is always out at the park with Bea his wife who plays for destiny

Use to have a lot of fun at the park.Since Todd plays pro we always had good scrims with ironmen,aftershock,all americans,strange and bad company.Scrimmaged dynasty a few times with the vipers when xball was starting to blow up.Went about like youd expect

Haven't played in about 3-4 yrs,I decided college and a career were more important than a possible 10 yr career scraping by just till the next event was over.Been contemplating picking it back up but i went out early last year to play a couple pick up games with a few friends that still play d1 xball and it just wasn't as fun. Soon as psp and the xball format took over all skill with a marker was completely evened out
By using Ramping/PSP and xball modes.

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
So they allow ramping now? That's no fun. I turned my ramping off on my ion when we went out and played. That was a huge difference when it came to skill IMO.

getsum95

Established Member
Worked for Todd Adamson of the ironmen for about 6yrs at extreme rage.played with palm beach vipers for awhile when they started out.Went to huntington beach with speed(was a WDP sponsored team)I know most of the femme fatales and I'm friends with a few of the guys from Miami rage and a few that have moved on to xsv and others.Been to Huntington beach,world cup and Chicago a few times.Mike paxson from aftershock is always out at the park with Bea his wife who plays for destiny

Use to have a lot of fun at the park.Since Todd plays pro we always had good scrims with ironmen,aftershock,all americans,strange and bad company.Scrimmaged dynasty a few times with the vipers when xball was starting to blow up.Went about like youd expect

Haven't played in about 3-4 yrs,I decided college and a career were more important than a possible 10 yr career scraping by just till the next event was over.Been contemplating picking it back up but i went out early last year to play a couple pick up games with a few friends that still play d1 xball and it just wasn't as fun. Soon as psp and the xball format took over all skill with a marker was completely evened out
By using Ramping/PSP and xball modes.

That's awesome that you played with Speed. I always was a fan of them.
I know what you mean about the skill with a marker being taken out with xball. However, IMO you can't beat playing with ramping and sideline coaching. It's so fast paced that it takes a strong athlete to compete in the NXL or D1 for that matter. The NPPL's D1 teams are terrible compared to the PSP D1 teams.

Users who are viewing this thread