Any pics of cut hoot for 3.4 install

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i thought it depended on the pulley size, if you use a smaller 3" it clears, any bigger and it has to be notched.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
It my understanding that you can also change the motor mounts so that the blower an pulley sits low enough to clear the hood (without having to modify it)... :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It my understanding that you can also change the motor mounts so that the blower an pulley sits low enough to clear the hood (without having to modify it)... :beer:
Actually you use spacers that lower the entire K-Member for clearance, not motor mounts. Close. :thumbsup:

Venimus03

Established Member
I know there is a guy on here who had cut his hood....

Why? :shrug:

I thought you had to cut your hood for it to fit?

Umm, I'm sorry but I wouldn't cut a whole in my hood. I would either change some stuff around so it would fit under the hood or get a different kind of hood. :bored:

ditchsnake

Established Member
Brace

You cut part of the brace. I've got my hood off anyway to fill some holes before I have it painted.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
you cut the brace, it's not that big of a deal. have the underside of the hood painted and you'll never look back. i don't know about lowering the motor with the spacers. i don't think any part of my car can go any lower. i'll look into that option when the time comes but i'll probably just do a little cutting and be done with it.

04torchred

Established Member
I still would like to see a pic before I cut. Hope there are some floating around.

Use spacers, if you keep a stock size lower crank pulley on it you are hooped regardless if you run a 3.80" or 4.0" upper pulley to stay pump gas and torco friendly.

Don't even touch the hood and use spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread