Any pics of verts with a roll cage

XFORDHATER

Established Member
Looking for pics of verts with roll cages. I am debating the Maximum Motorsports cage. Just wondering how the 03-04 cobra verts look with a cage.

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
Looking for pics of verts with roll cages. I am debating the Maximum Motorsports cage. Just wondering how the 03-04 cobra verts look with a cage.

Searching sucks when looking for generic words like roll and bar, but there are about 3 or 4 threads on this topic with pics in them. I used to be subscribed to them but deleted the subscription a while back. But, if you keep looking, you will be able to find them in the Pics and Vid section...

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
RoadRash, you're the guy with the Autopower setup aren't you? Did the driver & passenger seat go all the way back with the crossbar in place? I'm very tall at 6'5" and can't afford to give up any seat distance. Also, I know you said you had to remove the rear interior panels to install the roll bar, but did it require trimming any panels?Do you have any pictures of the attachment points above and below the car?

Jason

RoadRash

Established Member
I had that in my 99 Cobra. I sold it to a member here because my 03 has a CDC Lightbar. Here is an a link to a webshots photo album with some pics I took years ago when I installed the bar in my 99 > Rollbar Install . I think some of them will help you but I'm not sure about how far the seat goes back .. I'm only 5'9" and didn't have to worry about that much. If I were you, I would see a local performance shop and see what it would take to custom weld one in and make sure your seat will fit.

RoadRash

Established Member
teaser pic: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1030886755011935247njlfSXWaDQ

Last edited:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Thanks for the help man! I've got a good friend that's a fabricator/welder by trade and just started his own motorcycle business. He's been harassing me saying he can do it, no problem... I liked that the AutoPower one was already done, cheap and bolt in. I go through weekend project cars pretty damn quick so I liked that this one could be unbolted and removed if I sold the car. My fabricator friend will do some better backing plates that attach to the sub frame of the car, but figured for $500 to get one that's already done wasn't bad. Decisions... Decisions....

Thanks again,
Jason

jt239

Established Member
I had that in my 99 Cobra. I sold it to a member here because my 03 has a CDC Lightbar.

Yeah, sold it to me...its great! From what I remember, the drivers seat will go all the way back but you can only recline the seat so far. I can check when I get some time, its all covered up in the garage for a few more months.

RoadRash

Established Member
yeah, whats up jt? I'm glad it worked out for ya.

.. My fabricator friend will do some better backing plates that attach to the sub frame of the car..

I had a fabricator weld some plates under the rollbar feet (on the bottom of the car) and tie them into the subframes. Man that thing was stout!
rollbarsupport.jpg

I also had him weld a bar between the rear shock towers since I was running coil-overs. If I were to do it custom, I would tie the rear two points straight through to the rear shock tower support for a seriously solid setup!! (the rear points would have to bend down slightly to clear the top).

Here is a pic of the mount:
rear_brace.jpg

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
My thoughts are the same as yours. I'm putting in a Kenny Brown subframe brace system and their rear shock tower brace, then I'm going to tie the rollcage into that, should be more than sturdy and strong enough for what I'm doing with the Vert.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread