Any pieces missing

wanna_b_03

Established Member
OK so I bought the car a year ago and have been buying parts as fast as I can. I think it's time to start my build but I wanna make sure I'm not missing or overlooking anything. All input is welcome and needed. Car had a 2.3 Whipple right now and exhaust. That's it. Here is the list of what I've bought.

IMG_20131208_155717_166.jpg

internal engine:
Cloyes hex-a-just timing set
Comp valve springs
Comp retainers
Bullet cams custom grind
External engine:
JLT high boost
JLT catch can
Billetflow sbtb
Lethal even flow cooling mod
4 lbs lower pulley
Snub and idler set
BA3000 mass air
3.5, 3.0, and 2.75 uppers
Fuel:
ID1000'S
Division X 1200 kit.
Suspension:
AJE k member
Tubular a arms
Coil overs
HAAS subframes
Exhaust:
SW longtubes
SW o/r X
Borla stingers
Drivetrain:
McLeod RXT 26 spline
McLeod lightened steel flywheel
26 spline input shaft
FRPP new tob
New Retainer sleeve
FRPP new pilot bearing
Cobra Bob gasket kit
MGW shifter.

The last two things I want to order are FTBR bushing kit and reinforced Diff cover. Am I overlooking anything? I'm hoping to make around 700 on e85.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
you have an impressive list of mods.

I would recommend the following:

1. Cobra Engineering Head cooling mod over lethals

2. Cobra Engineering secondary timing fix: Cobra Engineering secondary timing tensioner fix

3. There was some drama with Cloyes secondary chains snapping under stress not long ago and supposedly Cloyes revised the chains. Check out this link for details
Cloyes True roller secondary timing chains - Page 10

4. I'm hoping the comp springs you have were recommended by the cam builder. I know awhile ago comp springs had a bad rep for breaking but they may have got that fixed by now. I would prefer Manleys unless the cam builder said otherwise.

Right now everything else looks pretty good. Make sure you get the tools with the FTBR kit if your doing it yourself and get the milled Ford Racing Cover from FTBR as well.

Not sure on your coil over spring rates but hopefully you picked something suitable for your needs.

Make sure you have all your gaskets and fluids for everything. Think about anything else that you may want to address while your tearing into her. For example: clutch cable, plugs, fuel filter, oil cooler rebuild (packings), brakes, steel braided brake lines, etc....

Last edited:

wanna_b_03

Established Member
you have an impressive list of mods.

I would recommend the following:

1. Cobra Engineering Head cooling mod over lethals

2. Cobra Engineering secondary timing fix: Cobra Engineering secondary timing tensioner fix

3. There was some drama with Cloyes secondary chains snapping under stress not long ago and supposedly Cloyes revised the chains. Check out this link for details
Cloyes True roller secondary timing chains - Page 10

4. I'm hoping the comp springs you have were recommended by the cam builder. I know awhile ago comp springs had a bad rep for breaking but they may have got that fixed by now. I would prefer Manleys unless the cam builder said otherwise.

Right now everything else looks pretty good. Make sure you get the tools with the FTBR kit if your doing it yourself and get the milled Ford Racing Cover from FTBR as well.

Not sure on your coil over spring rates but hopefully you picked something suitable for your needs.

Make sure you have all your gaskets and fluids for everything. Think about anything else that you may want to address while your tearing into her. For example: clutch cable, plugs, fuel filter, oil cooler rebuild (packings), brakes, steel braided brake lines, etc....

Thanks for all that info. You shed some light on things I didn't know anything about. What is the milled cover milled for? I've seen that option but wasn't really sure the reasoning behind it.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Bruce mills Ford Racing covers in order to clear the inner toe link bracket when using his rear diff lowering mount. It only needed if your cobra is lowered and has with his bushing kit.

Regardless if i had his kit or was lowered or not i would still get a milled cover from him so i wouldn't have to worry about it in the future.

Check this thread out also about the Cloyes timing kit.

CLOYES TIMING GEARS RUINED MY ENGINE!!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

Users who are viewing this thread